Defender door pins

I'm not so sure if they would be available as a separate spare since they appear to be moulded into the door card itself, (someone will surely be along shortly to correct me on this!)

I've broken a few of them myself, I managed to fix a couple back on with superglue but in a couple of cases, (in the corners,) I have drilled through the centre and used a big self-tapper, the same size as for the floor panels, to screw into the plastic bush.

Can anybody please tell me where i can get hold of the door clips, the ones which seem to be fixed into the interior door panel, also can yer tell us how the are fixed onto the panel itself.

I got mine from Craddocks.

From the 'book' Bible;

you need MWC3136 Clip-snap-sack, £0.18, this bit goes into the door,

you need MWC1474 Fastener-fir-tree, £0.12, this bit goes into the door card, (To AA339423)

or you need MXC1800, £0.22, (From AA339424)

As you can see, they don't cost much. I got more than I needed and replaced the dodgy ones whilst I had the cards off. Oh, a few will brake when you take the cards off again, for whatever reason.

They just slot in. On mine they did, your piccy looks different to mine, so can't be sure.

Hope this helps.

MXC1800 fits onto pin below

MWC1474 fits in the door card & MXC1800 clips on to it

MWC3136 fits in the door frame & then the door card pins MXC1800 press into them to secure the trim card in place.

click the links to see the items.

Many Thanks for your help gentlemen, however it is as crwoody says, the pins are molded into the door panel, and i tried to get one out yesterday but no luck without destoying the whole panel. Will give crwoody's idea a go with the self tappers and see how it works.

Once again many thanks.

this is the same annoying problem that i have.

there's no replacement to the yellow bit. you can certainly buy yourself a new door card and solve the problem for $400 bucks.

i just use super glue, but they still break again. so there might be no real solution to it. this must be some scam that land rover has come up with in order to get us to buy new door cards every time these break.

lesson learn, do not be rough when taking off the door cards, take them off straight rather than trying to level them off and breaking the pins (if you are lucky) or the mount if you aint so lucky.

• 4 months later...

MXC1800 fits onto pin below

MWC1474 fits in the door card & MXC1800 clips on to it

MWC3136 fits in the door frame & then the door card pins MXC1800 press into them to secure the trim card in place.

click the links to see the items.

Hi western,

Can u plseee tell me the part no for the same snapsnac (part no -MWC3136) in yellow????

Just taken my door card off and had similar result. They look like mine and they are moulded into the door card and unavailable separately. I was quoted £200+ for a new card with them in so, If you can get hold of the others quoted, then araldite/superglue anything to fix them onto the card has got to be the way forward. The fir tree thingy's go into the door frame but have a cut out at the top so the card should be lifted up off the door after you have released the bottom one's.

Presumably different model/year one's are different hence the part numbers.

Malcolm

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I just got a pair of TD5 style door cards for my 1995 D90 and it appears that the new fir tree clips are different than what I already have. The old black clips (MXC1800) will not fit on the new door card fittings. I have attached a picture of the clips on my new door cards. What part number are these newer style white door card clips? Where can I get them? Also, one of the brackets (red in the picture) broke off during shipping. You can't buy these, right?

Thanks in advance.

Forgot to upload it. Here it is.

post-19613-126005744479_thumb.jpg