Feeding loom through new chassis

Hi all, I am struggling to feed the loom through the chassis on my project. At the minute I am going from back to front with a bit of wire pulling it. The two connectors seem to be getting stuck. Does anyone have any tips?

Hi all, I am struggling to feed the loom through the chassis on my project. At the minute I am going from back to front with a bit of wire pulling it. The two connectors seem to be getting stuck. Does anyone have any tips?

I used a bit of surplus curtain track for feeding mains cables in around my conservatory, with a bit of wire taped on, and then used that to pull the cables through. I guess any reasonably stiff thing like fencing wire would also work.

Guest noggy
Personally, I wouldn't. It's only going to get in the way and serve as a mud trap.

I'd prefer to use some decent protection and run the loom outside.

i quite agree, and i think it was silly for landrover to ever put the loom through the chassis in the first place!

I'm going to make my own - the current plan is to use some heavy-duty 17-core wire-braided cable with a clear plastic sheath to act as the chassis loom. This will be connected to a termination box at each end of the vehicle. That way I can run short sub-looms from the boxes to each component, and if anything goes wrong, it should be simple to fault-find. At least, that's the plan... :unsure:

I ended up running my loom through the chassis, how I did it was by using a cable puller, and going through on hole at a time.

Took a while... I was in two minds about doing it also, but I thought it would just take up less space along that chassis rail.

However one thing I have done is sealed up all the holes with rubber plugs, this was I will try and stop the water mud getting in there in the first place. Don't know if it will work, but you don't know unless you try right!

When i did my 90 rebuild onto a galvanised chassis i did put my loom back through the chassis using the remaining copper brake pipe that i had left when i did the pipework from back to front ,i covered my plugs up on the end of the loom with bodge tape(duck tape) and took my sweet old time-quite frustrating at times but it worked all the same