Removal/renewal of A-frame ball joint

Besides brute force and ignorance (which i've tried and tried again) how on earth do you get the old a frame ball joint out?!? I've tried pressing it and got up to 6tonnes of pressure (nothing), I've also tried heating the surrounding a-frame with oxy/acetalene. Theres got to be another way!!! Please help, I keep running into brick walls like this doing my rebuild!

Mate if you've got the use of gas and a press it MUST come out!

I held mine in the vice and knocked it out with a hammer and drift after warming the carrier with the gas.

Just get the carrier red hot right around it, it'll give in eventually.

Silly question (I hope) - but you did cut the two tabs off the joint you are trying to press out - i.e. you are pressing one side on the joint and the other side on the carrier bracket and not on the body of the joint?

thanks everyone, the guys that run the workshop next to mine have a press but it's 'only' rated to 10 tons, i went away and left it for few days. i must admit the first time i was silly enough to not cut away part of the tabs so there was something to press against, but i did realise a good few hours before posting here! i sqirted the top side with wd40 and took a brave pill. the press got up to 9.5 tons on the dial and i thought it wasn't gonna budge, then i pressed it once more and BANG! hurrah! i'm now wondering, how do I press in the new one?! don't wanna pay any one, or damage the new one...!