Started on the new 110

Finaly got time to pick up my 110 and had a clearout in my garage. Got a couple of mates to lift off the roof so it would fit into the garage and the fun can begin. Replacement bulkhead, seat box and all 3 doors required - and included in the sale :) .

post-1679-1248986506_thumb.jpg

post-1679-1248986555_thumb.jpg

post-1679-1248986601_thumb.jpg

Can you get new bulkheads? (i know you already have a replacement but thought id still ask)

Not sure if you can still get new ones of the older models but td5 ones can be adjusted to fit most defenders.

Anyone know where i can get the channels that guide the glass inside the doors?

Jeezus, it's amazing how many parts I'm gonna need :( . I got a lot of parts with it but need loads more. I am changing the bulkhead, seatbox, doors and rear body cappings - all of which came with it but all were new and bare so everything is to be swapped over.

All doors are off and we (my son and I) are pottering with them while waiting for parts/tools etc. My jack packed in the other day so waiting to get a new one and also need axle stands so we can remove the front wheels to access the wing nuts.

We are mid way through removing the seat box and I am wondering if it should wait until the bulkhead is in place - Any ideas? Does it matter which is in first?

Have bought long lengths of window channel for about 3 quid in the past at landrover shows and cut it to size

I did this too, as I couldn't find anyone who supplied the window channels, LR themselves didn't!!

I 'glued' them in place with instant gasket as a complete bodge, thinking it would last the week, and a few months on my windows still wind down and back up without trying to exit through the door card like they did before.

I did this too, as I couldn't find anyone who supplied the window channels, LR themselves didn't!!

I 'glued' them in place with instant gasket as a complete bodge, thinking it would last the week, and a few months on my windows still wind down and back up without trying to exit through the door card like they did before.

Just used tiny screws to secure mine - the way landrover did it!

remove the plastic flexi arch & you can get to the 5 wing to bulkhead bolts with a long extension bar & socket

Remember doing mine with one of those offline adaptors on a 3/8 socket which allows a slight angle to be put on the extension bar. IIRC the top bolts can be done from the engine bay sticking your handsdown by the corner of the wing and the bottom bolts can be done from underneath.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still plodding along when i get time.

Just a couple of thing in the way of removing the bulkhead - I can't find any joints in the wiring going into either wing and a bit stuck on removing the stearing column. How do you get the bolts out of the steering lock and do i need to remove all of the colapsable joint?

Still plodding along when i get time.

Just a couple of thing in the way of removing the bulkhead - I can't find any joints in the wiring going into either wing and a bit stuck on removing the stearing column. How do you get the bolts out of the steering lock and do i need to remove all of the colapsable joint?

There aren't any joints in the wiring going into the wing, you either need to remove the wings, find a small set of hands to get the wires out of the lamp clusters, or cut the wires and then rejoin them after you fit the new bulkhead. I went for cutting the wires by the servo and the heater and then rejoining them after with bullet connectors. Saves a lot of time and you can leave the wings on so its easier to realign the new bulkhead.

I got the bolts out of the steering lock with a centre punch. Hammered it into the top of the bolt off-centre and then used the depression it made to get the punch in at an angle to turn the bolt. I loosened the clamp on the collapsable joint nearest to the column and the next one and that was all I had to do to get the bulkhead off.

Good luck and label all the plugs when you remove the loom.