Dead Horn

Horn died on my 110 the other day so using my back-up triple air horn at the moment, but it tends to scare the elderly and the very young, MOT is due end of the month so sent off for new horn from Craddocks.

Arrived today but is different from original as it has two spade terminals on rear not one, only way it would work was to connect coupler to one terminal and then run loop from other terminal to mounting stud in centre of horn, if just the harness connected then no function.

It seems to be working OK like this, all electrics are functioning, no fuses blowing.

So, is it OK to continue and leave well alone or should I change it for a single terminal horn, still slightly worried as me and electrics are not friends at the best of times

Advice please

lol definitely sounds like the symptoms of a mid life crisis ;)

Has anyone replaced the standard horn with a novelty one? Wouldn't mind a super loud horn like those on a cruise ship/lorry! :D .......perhaps I'm suffering a similar condition?!

Horn died on my 110 the other day so using my back-up triple air horn at the moment, but it tends to scare the elderly and the very young, MOT is due end of the month so sent off for new horn from Craddocks.

Can't you just leave the air horn in there for the MOT, or is it not wired on the stalk like the original one?

I have twin air horns on the same circuit as the original horn, (albeit with a relay in the circuit) and laughed when during the MOT they tested the horn in the enclosed garage and one of the mechanics who was beavering around under the bonnet of another car nearly whacked his head when he jumped.

Because the compressor takes a fraction of a second to spin up, if I'm quick on the horn I can just have the original one sound. Holding it for that little bit longer and the air horns kick in. Means I can "toot" at someone without scaring old ladies.

Can't you just leave the air horn in there for the MOT, or is it not wired on the stalk like the original one?

I have twin air horns on the same circuit as the original horn, (albeit with a relay in the circuit) and laughed when during the MOT they tested the horn in the enclosed garage and one of the mechanics who was beavering around under the bonnet of another car nearly whacked his head when he jumped.

Because the compressor takes a fraction of a second to spin up, if I'm quick on the horn I can just have the original one sound. Holding it for that little bit longer and the air horns kick in. Means I can "toot" at someone without scaring old ladies.

The air horns run off a big red button ( looks like Emergancy Stop button from machinery ) mounted on the dash and also from an old style toilet cistern chain with the switch part mounted in the old interior light mount ala US trucker style, guaranteed to scare most people