K / N air filter

kingdong2

Hi guys

i have just bought a 300 tdi disco and wounded is it a good idea to fit a K n N air filter mines a 1997 300tdi manual.

graham

1962 2a swb 200 tdi.

1997 disco1 300 tdi.

No

No

Even more No

Keith

i have a 300tdi n plate i have recently fitted a snorkel and put my k&n back in my idea being the air being taken in should be cleaner than the air being sucked in from behind the indicator i dont think it makes any difference in performance but i wouldnt pay 40 quid for one when a paper is about a fiver just my opinion,chris.

Hi

i have a k&n on my td5.when i bought a service kit i fitted the paper filter and it ran dead lumpy.having seen those pics think i should go back to paper except it runs awful. any tips please.

atb.spudd

One chap took his aprox 100k miles Td5 Defender to the dyno a couple of months ago:

- old, due to change, standard fiber (popular called 'paper') air filter (Mann): say 100 HP at the wheels (I forgot the actual figure);

- new standard fiber air filter (Mann): 100+1 HP (1HP more);

- new K&N:: 100 HP (same as with the old filter);

- the torque/power curves were identical throughout the rpm range (I saw the diagrams);

- the 1 HP difference is just the dyno margin of error.