Load space sliding windows

saltyoldseadog

When we go fishing my black Alsatian, Jack, used to sit on the back seat of my '93 200 TDi with his nose out of the window. He has now been banished to the rear load space and I am wondering if anyone has managed to fit sliding windows in the back like, dare I say it, the old Shoguns. Any thoughts or ideas will be much appreciated.

Could you replace them with plastic or perspex and look at sliding windows from a rally supplier? Just an idea :huh:

Thanks for that. I'll try to check but we pensioners are not usually very familiar with rally suppliers so if any readers know anything that would help, I'll be pleased to hear it. George

• 5 years later...

Reviving this thread due to having just spotted this on gumtree here in Australia.

Trying to find out anything more about them since it would be handy for camping

Worth a call to the seller maybe? Someone knew what they were doing. Is it me or is there no rear door on that. Is the ad just for the windows?

I did speak to the seller, the windows were made by a local Adelaide company, so nothing off the shelf from the sounds of it. For what it's worth, he said it was Complete Sliding Windows in Windsor Gardens, Adelaide. They don't have a website, so you won't get much more information unless you spoke to them.

The advert was for a complete vehicle btw, quite nice.. but I have just gotten a 2003 TD5 Auto and am building that up for the new tourer for the next few years (hopefully a lot longer).

The D2 has the radio antenna which I'm slightly reluctant to lose, so I'm not sure I even want to pursue this on the new one, I had weighed up ali gull wing doors on the back, the amount of gear we have in the back the windows are useless, likely to get broken and just allow everything to cook, it can exceed 50c in the sun here.