Paddocks

jonnybudd

Just thought I would pass on my experience of Paddocks. Three months ago I ordered a new dizzy for my Range Rover, I check by phone to see if I needed the adapter lead and was told no, so I ordered the dizzy and paid for next day delivery. When it arrived the next day I found that I did need the adapter lead this was sent out with free postage but took 2 days to turn up.

On Tuesday the dizzy packed up with less than 1,000 miles under its belt, so I had to recover the car and by the time I got it home paddocks were closed so I rang the next day and was told that they had had some problems with the control units and would post me a new one for the next day, Thursday. It’s now Friday afternoon and all they can tell me is that the new control unit was posted on Thursday, the day I was to suppose to get it, so God only knows when I’ll get it.

I have a Son who is in a wheelchair and I need the car to get him about but this fact seems to be lost on Paddocks. At least I will not make the mistake of buying from them again.

Just thought I would pass on my experience of Paddocks. Three months ago I ordered a new dizzy for my Range Rover, I check by phone to see if I needed the adapter lead and was told no, so I ordered the dizzy and paid for next day delivery. When it arrived the next day I found that I did need the adapter lead this was sent out with free postage but took 2 days to turn up.

On Tuesday the dizzy packed up with less than 1,000 miles under its belt, so I had to recover the car and by the time I got it home paddocks were closed so I rang the next day and was told that they had had some problems with the control units and would post me a new one for the next day, Thursday. It’s now Friday afternoon and all they can tell me is that the new control unit was posted on Thursday, the day I was to suppose to get it, so God only knows when I’ll get it.

I have a Son who is in a wheelchair and I need the car to get him about but this fact seems to be lost on Paddocks. At least I will not make the mistake of buying from them again.

i now use famous four 4x4 they could not be more helpfull even if its a cheep item like my recent purchase of hub oil seals postage is allways next day and you can see photos of everything on there web site which when you have a mix and match defender like mine is very very usefull think paddocks have got a bit big for there boots now

Its not necessarily where you bought the product but rather what you bought.

Whats the name on the package that the dizzy came in? Was it a quality product or one of their fast moving, cheap sh!t**** ??

Hope you get things sorted soon.

Todd.

I don't like to slag off companies because i find there's always good and bad reports, but i have to say i'll never buy at Paddocks.

i hadn't used them for years after they messed me about with a grands worth of wheels and tyres i was supposed to be picking up, but i tried using them a few weeks ago and without going into all the detail it was a right farce.

I'd think with the current financial climate all businesses would be going out of their way to treat their customers well and get it right as much as humanly possible, but Paddocks either don't care or are very incompetent.

there are planty of other really good places to spend your hard earned cash :)

Recently there has been a glut of posts about Paddocks poor service / parts / communications etc.

I'd like to say that I have spent about £1500 with them over the past 6 months and not had one single problem. All the items have been in stock and delivered quickly, mostly next day, even when choosing the free three day service. Their prices are by far the cheapest... Some of the Britpart stuff is utter pants, but you get what you pay for.

On the other hand, I bought two new steel front door skins from Craddocks. I paid £30 for delivery, they arrived wrapped in a single piece of cardboard with no padding or protection and had been damaged in transit. When I phoned to tell Mr Craddock they had arrived damaged, he told me it was not their problem, as I had accepted the parcel and signed the delivery note, and to take it up with the courier. They refused to collect the damaged door skins, send replacements, or issue a refund. I had to go through my credit card company to get my money back.

Nick

I have been using Paddocks for over 10 years and have very rarely had a problem. Actually I will correct that and say I did occassionally have problems with their carrier (Parcelfarce)until they listened to the comments from a lot of customers and switched to Fedex ;) These days I also use LR Series but mainly for the more hard to get items that P'docks don't carry.

These days I also use LR Series but mainly for the more hard to get items that P'docks don't carry.

Just used LR Series for the first and last time. Advertise products they do not have. Net result I paid £7 P&P (supposedly a courier but they used the post) for a £3 horn!! Slow dispatch and no phone number to contact them (apparently they are an 'Internet' company - what tosh!). Let's see how long it takes them to reply to my 'Internet' email - 20 hours so far.

i gotta say i've not had any problems with paddocks, both mail order and over the counter

i've even had them refuse to sell me some chassis bits, because the parts they had in stock *might* have been manufactured wrong (britpart front dumb irons)

In contrast I've found LRSeries very good. Postage can be slow, as they don't keep everything they list, and it takes a while to build an order. I've phoned them (number on their website) and got missing items by return of post.

Pasted from their website for coastguard:

L. R. Series
Unit 3 Brookfield Business Park
Clay Lane
Shiptonthorpe
York
YO43 3PU

[b]Telephone us[/b]
01430 871590

[b]Fax us[/b]
01430 803433

Ah.....

I got to this bit "As we are an online retailer, we find it more efficient to answer your queries via email rather than telephone. We feel confident that you would get a better service via email than you would by telephone, especially for parts enquiries." and then saw the internet form and rolled my eyes.

You are correct, had I scrolled down that page I would have found the phone number.

Note to self 'more patience'... humble pie.... fingers now doing the walking.

I'm almost willing to bet you'll get "send us and email" response to your phonecall.

Good website

Good prices

Absolutely no customer service!

Some of their T&C are a bit dodgy too, especially items are customers risk once passed to (our) carrier!

On the plus side, always got what I wanted, just not when I expected it.

Just to add my experiences.

The last couple of times I used paddocks, there have been items missing and incorrect items from/in the package - replacements were then very slow to arrive. I won't bother again.

I now use mail order 4x4, they have been very helpful, carry everything (Almost) a disco owner needs, and its generally bearmach components. All orders over £50 are delivered free and they havent made even one mistake yet, must be 10 seperate orders. I cant praise them highly enough.

I think the current economic conditions play into the hands of companies like paddocks, I've no doubt there phones are ringing off the hook with people willing to take a chance on shoddy service to save a tenner...

Stu.

I too have been using Paddocks for many years.

If you know what part you need and use the online ordering system (if you know the part number it a lot easier) there is a very high liklihood of getting what you want.

Some parts are of questionable quality, only experience helps you know what parts to expect to be OK and which to avoid.

I have only once had a part that I had to return due to quality issues (V8 oil pump gear that was so out of true it was a joke(guess what brand :lol: )). Having bought a better quality part elsewhere I emailed Paddocks to tell them I wanted to return the item for a refund, issued a returns number no problems other than the refund took 2 phone calls to chase it.

From other comments on here it seems the ordering problems mainly occur when you involve the telephone in the process.

I too have recently used LR Series for when I have needed some more obscure genuine LR parts. They have taken longer to deliver due to them having to order them in, but this is normally advised during ordering. I agree they seem a bit pricey on delivery, but I think we have all got too used to getting a cheap/free service from Paddocks. If you are ordering something small it's worth ticking the box requesting a quote for delivery, as it often works out much less if they can send it by the P.O.

I've never had a problem myself with Paddocks, or Britpart, only with bearmach interestingly enough...Placed my first order with LR Series today for the bronze gear change slippers for my overdrive, paid for genuine ones this time rather than replacement. Its costing me £6 for the parts IIRC, but the total order is £15!!!!!! They too have charged me £7 for delivery, and if it turns up with a £2 Royal Mail stamp on it they will behearing from me!

I'm almost willing to bet you'll get "send us and email" response to your phonecall.

Some of their T&C are a bit dodgy too, especially items are customers risk once passed to (our) carrier!

Well, update on LR Series, the phone has been engaged yesterday and today and still no response to my email. Oh, the goods haven't turned up yet either so probably sent via Royal Fail. It will be a week on Monday! I'm putting the Humble Pie back into the fridge!

Ordered the missing part from John Craddock yesterday lunchtime and it arrived today. That's more like it.

They too have charged me £7 for delivery, and if it turns up with a £2 Royal Mail stamp on it they will behearing from me!

Sure enough, it was a 'large letter' sized envelope, and I'm really annoyed, including with myself for not phoning up and complaining. The worst is, I've just had to order a high gear thrust washer and circlip from them, and again its cost a small fortune in postage - i really am going to phone up this time though....