wading plug dimensions :)

discomikey

hi all, i need the dimensions for a wading plug on the flywheel casing on a 200tdi discovery, im making a locking tool, and for part of it i need to have the same thread, diameter, length of it so i can lathe it up. quite urgent, thanks in advance,

also does anyone know the size of the injection pump timing pin? i allso need that.

mikey

mikey,

go and buy a brass blanking plug from the plumbers - 1/4" BSP (I think... do a search for wading plug thread and see what comes up) Quiicker and cheaper than turning one yourself.

then drill and tap M8 (you will need to 'lathe' that...) and then turn down the end of an m8 bolt (I think I used a 40mm long one) so it fits into the slot on the flywheel. screw the blanking plug into the bell housing, then screw the bolt into the blanking plug, and you will be good.

I thought I had a picture of mine here, but can't lay my hands on it...

Timing pump pin - use a 9.5mm drill bit (or a piece of drill rod).

Mark

• 3 weeks later...
yes it is...from a professional Turner who gets shirty at the millers at work who calling it lathing....

Sounds more like something that goes on in certain clubs frequented by those that are 'good with colours'? :D