converting toyota to land rover stud patten

yella 90

ive just fitted some toyota 80 series axles under my comp truck, however ive got a set of mach 5 beadlocks that im really reluctant to get rid of in turn for some toyota rims.

does anyone know or heard of a solution to this ? apart from the obvious spacer/adapter

i want to stay away from the spacer idea as the track of the std yota axle is the same as my old rover axles with spacers fitted.

has anyone ever made a landy hub fit ? or had new hubs made

im sur ive read/heard somewhere before that someone has fitted toyota internals to land rover axles

any help or ideas are welcome :)

ive just fitted some toyota 80 series axles under my comp truck, however ive got a set of mach 5 beadlocks that im really reluctant to get rid of in turn for some toyota rims.

does anyone know or heard of a solution to this ? apart from the obvious spacer/adapter

i want to stay away from the spacer idea as the track of the std yota axle is the same as my old rover axles with spacers fitted.

has anyone ever made a landy hub fit ? or had new hubs made

im sur ive read/heard somewhere before that someone has fitted toyota internals to land rover axles

any help or ideas are welcome :)

Well the problem is that the Toyota's have 6 stud and are a tighter spead , where as the land rover are 5 and larger spread

I have looked and there is not a convertion tool to convert them. I have a camper trailer with Toyota Hubs on and i am changing them to land rover ones. Main reason they are toyota is that most of the 4x4 on the road in Aus are Toyota and Nissan and they have the same stud pattern

You could get some made but may will be chaeper to just sell your beadlocks and buy some toyota ones. Next questioon is if you do get them made would they be road legal . I know they are not in Aus

just incase it might interest you,

after alot of head scratching and cups of tea ive started on converting the axles to land rover stud pattern

tonights progress has seen me trial fitting a land rover front hub to the toyota stub axle, after a hell of alot of turning in the lathe and milling here and there

success :D

just got to sort the brake side of it out then make a boss up for the drive member and thats the front sorted

then for the back im starting from scratch with a huge block of metal to make my own hubs :blink::blink:

i foresee alot of late nights coming my way :(

just incase it might interest you,

after alot of head scratching and cups of tea ive started on converting the axles to land rover stud pattern

tonights progress has seen me trial fitting a land rover front hub to the toyota stub axle, after a hell of alot of turning in the lathe and milling here and there

success :D

just got to sort the brake side of it out then make a boss up for the drive member and thats the front sorted

then for the back im starting from scratch with a huge block of metal to make my own hubs :blink::blink:

i foresee alot of late nights coming my way :(

I hate to be negative or state the obvious, but: have you considered a set of wheels that fit? I reckon there is lots of choices in 6 stud. Or is it interchangeability your after?

Daan

I hate to be negative or state the obvious, but: have you considered a set of wheels that fit? I reckon there is lots of choices in 6 stud. Or is it interchangeability your after?

Daan

ive look'd at the availible options, ive always loved the look of the rockathons, so as a last resort i will just buy them.

I'm only doing this as i love my mach 5 rims and really dont want to get rid of them,

ive spent hours on the net looking for conversions ect ect but all drew a blank or came up with spacers/adapters.

this gave me the inspiration/determination not to be defeted and come up with a solution.

the easiest away around it all in my eyes was turing new hubs on the back and adapting land rover hubs on the front

alot of this will be trial and error on the front end ( the back will be fine) until i come up with a strong reliable solution.

As it gets trailed everywhere breakages doesnt really matter, as i can only learn from my errors and improve accordingly.

ill get pictures up as and when for you guys and ask for feedback.

maybe a mod could move this into the relative area ? :blink:

sadly, i wont be making much progress this week as i was swept into hospital last night by the police due to my mum being taken ill, and put onto the intensive care ward :(:(

ill keep you upto date on my progress as and when :)

dan

Daan

I have seen a 101 wearing 6 stud Mach 5s, so it must be possible to get them in Toyota pattern if you ask nicely.

I have seen a 101 wearing 6 stud Mach 5s, so it must be possible to get them in Toyota pattern if you ask nicely.

Going back about 4 years, I did see a brand new Mach 6 wheel for a toyoes fitting. 6 spokes and 6 stud holes. It was a one off to see if it would work.

I guess not as no more were seen.

Paul