TD5 Warning Ligths plugs

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Land-Rover-Defender-TD5-instrument-warning-light-PLUGS_W0QQitemZ270500779866QQcategoryZ31348QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BIEW%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D11%26ps%3D63

Its impossible to buy these plugs

RS electronic do not send to s. america

and in E bay (auction) the price rice to 50 pounds (¿¿¿¿¿¿??????) and do not has the option (buy it now)

I need these plug to complete my TD5 Dasboard adaptation in my serie in conjuntion w/ de defender R380+230 gearbox.

One of you have and alternative for me?

Thank

Muttland

Enrique

I get the feeling the seller has a few of those. The latest listing is at least the 3rd I've seen. Whoever paid £50 must be mad (or thought he was getting the panel itself) He ought to read this forum, because as our South American chum knows you can get them from RS for a fraction of that price.

I've nearly got all the bits to convert my 300Tdi

Malcolm

found the plugs on RS site & found that Export orders are only accepted if in writing ---

We can only accept written export orders via post, e-mail or fax.

from the bottom line on this page http://uk.rs-online.com/web/generalDisplay.html?id=services&file=export

so send them a e.mail stating the part numbers & quantity of each you want & I can't see any reason why the shouldn't send the items direct.

There was a seller on eBay selling those two Connectors with Terminals for £9.99 bin_15x54.gif - I can't seem to find him at the moment :(

Devon 4x4 are now selling these connectors -

Multilock 040 16 Way Plug - Part No. CON-327 - £ 3.39 (£ 2.95 ex VAT)

1257756396-16-way-plug.jpeg

Multilock 040 20 Way Plug - Part No. CON-314 - £ 3.62 (£ 3.15 ex VAT)

1257756437-20-way.jpeg

Thanks to all for the fast replay.

One LR4X4 member offer me to buy these plugs for me.

Also I will try in Devon to buy them and do not bother someone.

Enrique

Muttland

Hi Enrique,

Devon 4x4 ship worldwide, so you shouldn't have any problems there.

Also, as you're in S. America (which country?), you shouldn't have to pay UK VAT (Value Added Tax)

Hi all,

Paul

I`m from Uruguay a little country between Argentine and Bazil.

I`m changing my 109 two doors w/ a defender gearbox, which has an e-transducer. The TD5 dash is a good option to recibe this signals. Not the correct data will result in the Speedo, but w/ a very good look. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Possible the next year I w`change the engine with a TDI-2.5 or 2.8.

These plugs are for the W. Lights, and a lot of them will be as "Cristmas ligths" like a TC and other useles ligths., :D:D

Thank to all for the info.

Hi all,

Paul

I`m from Uruguay a little country between Argentine and Bazil.

I`m changing my 109 two doors w/ a defender gearbox, which has an e-transducer. The TD5 dash is a good option to recibe this signals. Not the correct data will result in the Speedo, but w/ a very good look. rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Possible the next year I w`change the engine with a TDI-2.5 or 2.8.

These plugs are for the W. Lights, and a lot of them will be as "Cristmas ligths" like a TC and other useles ligths., biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Thank to all for the info.

have a read of this page recently put together by a member of this forum

http://www.retroanac...a-200tdi300tdi/

the wire colours maybe different to your vehicle, but it'll show which wire fits where,

I did this picture to note the use of my warning light panel, it maybe of help to you

File0464.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the hijack - I recently installed a TD5 dash into my 90 and the oil pressure warning light has stopped working. Wiring not an issue as it will light when grounded. Anyone else had similar issues?

can only be a duff oil pressure switch, that wire doesn't feed anything else.