200 Tdi into RR.....

2drdan

Has anyone got or fitted a 200 Tdi into a RR classic? I thought at one stage LR fitted these to the later classics (mines a 1980 2dr) so there would be some factory parts used to fit it.......? :huh:

At the moment I'm most interested in the engine mounting (as from other posts and the help I've got an idea of the gearbox fitting etc..)

Thanks.

:D

Cheers chaps, thanks for the piccy landrover598, I am going for a set from Motor and Diesel Engineering that are supplied with their own bolt on jig to get them tacked in place before seam welding.

on with the job then i guess..!

Cheers.

B)

Has anyone got or fitted a 200 Tdi into a RR classic? I thought at one stage LR fitted these to the later classics (mines a 1980 2dr) so there would be some factory parts used to fit it.......? :huh:

At the moment I'm most interested in the engine mounting (as from other posts and the help I've got an idea of the gearbox fitting etc..)

Thanks.

:D

Just done this conversion in my bobtail, its awsome!!! just watch the rear of the rocker cover fouling on the bulkhead, mines a bit tight! Used disco mounts seam welded on, very easy conversion took a whole day to do including gearbox aswell

Just done this conversion in my bobtail, its awsome!!! just watch the rear of the rocker cover fouling on the bulkhead, mines a bit tight! Used disco mounts seam welded on, very easy conversion took a whole day to do including gearbox aswell

Nice one!

And if you don't mind .. :rolleyes: ........what gearbox did you use? if it was a 4 spd, what adapter did you get ..?

and exhaust....?

Cheers mate. :)

Nice one!

And if you don't mind .. :rolleyes: ........what gearbox did you use? if it was a 4 spd, what adapter did you get ..?

and exhaust....?

Cheers mate. :)

I used the disco LT77s gearbox LT230 transferbox and full disco exhaust system. It helped that the disco was parked next to the bobtail at the time!!! Disco gearbox crossmember bolts straight in to, if you dont have one the range rover one needs modifying to allow the exhaust to fit properly.

Not sure if there is an adaptor plate for the 200 onto an LT95 box, Motor and Diesel would be the people to ask

• 4 weeks later...

Well parts are arriving slowly, v8 is out, conversion plate, clutch, rad are here and i've ordered crank seal, gasket etc to fit conversion plate to tdi. in my ignorance i hadn't realised it replaces the original flywheel housing!! thought the hole was a bit small for the clutch....... :blink:

Just got to work out the clutch friction plate fitting, I've been told a series III centre will fit the clutch plate and the LT95 shaft...will compare v8 as well................see how we go tommorow!

:)