Where can i find one of these....

chrism

Afternoon all

Im trying unsuccessfully to locate one of these 24v pull solenoids....

They are fairly simple things and I have been quoted £180+vat from somewhere which is ridiculous i think!

Anything similar/ish will do as i can modify where its going on.

May possibly be able to change the circuit to 12v instead of 24v as well.

I was thinking they would cost about £30!

The wiring connector isnt important, nor whats on the end as i can adapt it to suit

Cheers

Chris

post-3660-126694113835_thumb.jpg

These are used on access platform for engine stops and throtle. Try these people,http://www.ipspartsonline.com/Default.aspx?tabid=381 i know they do 12 volt units, but not sure about 24v. I know we got one of these for a job at work (unfortunatly carnt remember where from) but i know it was about £90 You could also try these people.

http://www.bowersautomotive.co.uk/

An air ram isnt suitable unfortunatly as i dont have an air supply for it

Its a replacement for the current chinese engine stop solenoid on the generator i have for my workshop.

I used to work for a access manufacturer and they used them, but 12V, and i didnt think they were very dear, perhaps have to get in touch again!

I tried ips but they were around the £150 mark for one a bit different to what i need. The bowers auto place is where i got the original quote!

The last option is to sack it off and use a good old cable, but the genny is outside and has/had remote start from inside my workshop. Its such an effort going outside to turn it off!

Chris

10 ltr volvo bus engines use them as a stop solenoid,£180 is right money unfortuneatly,they are only a momentery stop too,otherwise they burn out.

Quite a few used on various tractors too for the same purpose, anywhere between £120-£200 mark depending on the dealership!

if you do find an outlet selling them cheap, i would like to know too.

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

The stop solenoid on my Mazda 35 SLTi looks very similar to that, might be worth trying Motor & Diesel as they stock parts for that engine.

As stated in an earlier post though, this is a permanantly energised solenoid when engine is on so will need to be a decent bit of kit and therefore probably pricey.

Martin