Rad filler/bleed caps- are they all the same?

Quagmire

I have a brass filler/bleed plug in the top drivers side of my rad (its an early style v8 one) but the socket i need to undo it is huge, and slightly bigger than my biggest adjustable :angry: .

Am getting a bit fed up of having to drive over to my parents (25miles away) to borrow one of my Dads sockets to bleed the radiator properly everytime i do any tinkering that may have introduced air.

So my question is this:

Are all rad bleeds the same thread? I was thinking of getting an x-cap and wanted to know if it was a case of "one cap fits all"

Anyone got one on a factory v8 defender?

Thanks! :D

I have a brass filler/bleed plug in the top drivers side of my rad (its an early style v8 one) but the socket i need to undo it is huge, and slightly bigger than my biggest adjustable :angry: .

Am getting a bit fed up of having to drive over to my parents (25miles away) to borrow one of my Dads sockets to bleed the radiator properly everytime i do any tinkering that may have introduced air.

So my question is this:

Are all rad bleeds the same thread? I was thinking of getting an x-cap and wanted to know if it was a case of "one cap fits all"

You haven´t considered buying one for yourself? The cheapest quality chinese sockets may though cost even several £! ;):lol:

You haven´t considered buying one for yourself? The cheapest quality chinese sockets may though cost even several £! ;):lol:

Haha! Sounds daft but i hadnt actually thought of that :D:D I think my fetish for all things anodised in pretty colours had perhaps taken over...

On a serious note though, its one more thing for me to carry about in my toolbox when i could just change the cap.

I'll find out what thread it has on Thursday when i am over at the 'rents for dinner :P

So my question is this:

I think you will find that the plug out of any V8 radiator will fit. My 98 disco had a plastic one and the one out of the 84 Rangie fitted straight in. There are brass ones with just a slot in the top and you can fit the shaft of a medium screw driver into the slot to undo them.