Steering Box Supplier - renovated

bm52

I have to say, if the original manufacturer is offering re-con or exchange units, i think that is definately where i would be headed if i needed it done. I have heard - i'm sure on here, that they are very helpful too.

thanks for the replies.

I've read Les Henson's Tech item on how to change the box but do you think it is feasible for an average home mechanic - i have all the tools he lists in the thread ..... i am also limited on time. do you think it could be changed in a morning?

thanks

Guest wunntenn

I had an NPS recon box put on years ago and my steering was never right over the whole time its been on the 110, and I changed every other item around it to try to sort out the wandering about the van was doing. Changed it recently to an Adwest box and I can now steer in a straight line for the first time in several years. Changed it in a morning easily, without any problems, on my own, and I'm not any kind of expert but know a spanner from a screwdriver so you should be fine. The only bugger was getting the pipe union nuts back into the new box - they need to be accurately aligned to go in properly and I spent an hour faffing about with them to make sure I didnt cross thread and knacker them. Good luck!