Hard Hat Paint...

Mean Green

No!! Not paint for Hard Hats!! Paint to refurb my modular wheels called " Hard Hat" made by Rustoleum.

I read a post on one of the forums (I cant remember which one) and it mentioned using "Hard Hat" paint to refurb Steel wheels. The Thread had pics of a series of Defenders in Matt Black -one of which had modulars repainted in a silver that was very close to the original Modular wheel colour.

I am trying to find out if anyone knows the paint code for that colour? I cant find a local supplier that stocks (or has even heard of!!) Rustoleum or I would go and have a look at the colours, so I will need to order online, but I would like to make sure I am getting the right stuff - I am tryign to avaoid the wheel being too shiney silver that look like painted wheels. There is a web site but I am not sure how well the colour is reproduced.

If I can get a colour I can order the paint online.

Thanks

I had a tin of the brushing silver to paint galvo bits with, it was not fantastically shiney more a semi matt finish, also even days after applying when running anything against it(hand, rag etc) it would come away with silver flakes on it that was actually the silver flakes in the paint. It got taken back as no bloody good.

I read a post on one of the forums (I cant remember which one) and it mentioned using "Hard Hat" paint to refurb Steel wheels. The Thread had pics of a series of Defenders in Matt Black -one of which had modulars repainted in a silver that was very close to the original Modular wheel colour.

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=53308

Can't remember if the original thread said where to get it from, but I've just bought a couple of cans from Cromwells (Link). Bought it through the account of company I work for so had a bit of discount too!

What colour did you get - I am trying to track down the paint code for silver to paint wheels.

What colour did you get - I am trying to track down the paint code for silver to paint wheels.

Silk black for a spare wheel carrier - not what you want! I will have a look in the Cromwells catalogue for silver when I go back to work on Tuesday, I'm pretty sure there are more colours in the cat. than on the website.

Part number for Rust-oleum HH metallic paint is:

Sparkling Aluminium: 2111

Silver Aluminium: 2115

It comes in 500ml aerosol tins.

I have a .pdf of the Cromwells catalogue page that lists the colours - if you need a copy pm me, as I don't know how to load a .pdf (!)

Cheers, H.

Part number for Rust-oleum HH metallic paint is:

Sparkling Aluminium: 2111

Silver Aluminium: 2115

It comes in 500ml aerosol tins.

I have a .pdf of the Cromwells catalogue page that lists the colours - if you need a copy pm me, as I don't know how to load a .pdf (!)

Cheers, H.

Thats great, exactly what I am looking for. Does the catalogue give coclour samples or just the paint codes?

I will PM you my email address.

cheers