WD-40

Fatboy

I remember in the good ol' days that WD-40 used to have quite a destintive and not unpleasant smell :blink:

A few years ago, the smell changed and I think it became less effective. <_<

You used to be able to spray it on and it would lubricate / protect for some time but I've done door hinges and even coated the inner wings to try and trip up / slow down the little rust beetles but after a week, the area is dry as a bone and the doors are groaning...

Is it just me? or has the quality gone down the pan?? :(

It really is not meant to be a lubricant. It is a "Water Dispersant". Most people use it as a "Penetrating Oil", but IMO, it is carp for that application..... And there are better water disperants around these days too.

Buy some decent spray lubricant for lubricating things. Buy some good penetrating fluid for freeing things up. You'll be much happier.

Guest MJG
It really is not meant to be a lubricant. It is a "Water Dispersant". Most people use it as a "Penetrating Oil", but IMO, it is carp for that application..... And there are better water disperants around these days too.

It also used to good for destrying plastic. I remember being a regular advocate of spraying my double tow bar electric sockets back in the days when I was a caravanner.

It kept the metal bits OK but the plastic bits eventually became very brittle and broke up....seemingly it was not good to plastic.......

Are we sure this is not one of those cadbury's cream eggs/Mars Bars/ Yorkies used to be bigger/taste better phenomenon ??? i.e. as you get older your memory starts to go a bit 'funny' :blink: and nothing seems like it used to be :lol::lol: including WD40......

I remember when it used to be called "Rocket" WD40, they don't make it like that any more, mutter mutter.

Hope they didn't make too many bits of NASA out of plastic then :ph34r:

Mind you I suppose in the space race if it lasted a couple of weeks then that was fine, and Saturn 5 probably never had any towing electrics, or if they did I should think they were nice and warm and dry at the back there :)

Or you could buy 8 black Jacks for 1d (old money) and my first gallon of fuel was 6s8d, thats 3 gallons for a £1 note, or even 2 x 10 bob notes, aye those were the days.....................................

an I remember when all we 'ad to play with was a stick, we made our own entertainment in them days, and if we were good we got an extra helping of soil for tea.... of course in my day you 'ad to eat it before it got dark, none of this new fangled electrickety back then, and this new money is too small and you can't hear the words any more :ph34r: