Challenger 4x4 - Round 2 - The Aftermath...

Well....

After stripping the motor gears in the front winch, spending over an hour rebuilding it and then suffering with a very slow rear winch, we still managed to have an absolutely cracking day and managed 2nd in class - which we were stunned by!! Normally, if we have a good day, then others are having better ones!! I highly recommend getting to Coney Green Farm if you have never been there. Yes it's a bit steep, but blimey there's some grip under the loose stuff!!

Thanks to the marshalls and Paul & Lucy for a cracking event and especially for the BBQ on Saturday night. It was good to have a chance to chat and mickey take before the event. And, as ever, thanks to Paul's spares boxes for providing the necessary winch spares to get us back competing again.

I know Charlie Thorn was there taking loads of pictures and there were a load of spectators, so there must be a whole host of pictures to be posted up...

Cheers

Adrian.

well at last team dnf car 3 finished a event, it was not with out its problems two punctures the second one just 30 min before the end thanks mark and ade for the loan to get us to the finish. we also had a center winch that would not hold under load and 6 ibuprofen through out the day to kill the pain in my leg got us a 5th place i am told.just as orange has said a big thank you to all at challenger and also a big thank you to the marshalls i now it it is a thankless job but without you it would not happen.

big thank you to the challenger crew and all the marshalls for a good day must be a record for me tho rolled it on the second punch in the morning (thanks to the guys in the black suzuki for geting me back on my wheels) alternator cooked then the starter motor cooked blocked rad and over heated twice and a packed up winch solonoids a good couple of hours in the pits fixing it and a early finish still smilling tho very good site

well done everyone and a big thankyou to all the organisers and competiters for making it another great weekend and well worth the 5 hour drive

and almost forgot a big thanks to the guys in the racer for the loan of tools....really helped us out cheers

Feeling very tired today, seemed to take forever to pack up and get going, we eventually got home a 10.15pm, but again a good weekend and although we had the roll's we had no disasters, despite Chris Kelly trying his hardest to kill a few people!!!!! Thanks for the positive comments it does make it all worthwhile!! The scores will be put up on our website and the AWDC website very soon. A post will be put on here when they are up. Thanks again guys you are all lovely. xxxxxLucyxxxx

As has been said already, thanks to everyone for an excellent day! :)

Despite our wrecking the front winch on the first punch and thinking we were in for an early bath, we scrounged enough bits to make it work and had a really superb day!

Really good to see everyone helping everyone else out as and when required too - lots of rolls, but lots of non-marshall recovery too.

Cheers all.

Mark

well done everyone and a big thankyou to all the organisers and competiters for making it another great weekend and well worth the 5 hour drive

and almost forgot a big thanks to the guys in the racer for the loan of tools....really helped us out cheers

That's quite all right - thanks for not running my camera over (or me, for that matter).

Also, thanks to the C4x4 team for the event and the BBQ on Saturday. Now I just need to figure out what was wrong with the car <_<

Oh - and thanks to whoever found our strap still wrapped around a tree on punch two - how I managed to get the whole car off the ground with one tree stump I'll never know.

Cheers to all of the guys that helped us out over the weekend. My second challenge, and what a learning curve! Killed the car, rolled it, then managed to fix it again after a tow, a trip to the car park for more diesel (thanks to the scrutineers in their lovely P38 for that) and then running round like crazy and managing 10 punches in an hour!

Can't wait for the next event, and thanks to everyone that made me feel as part of the experience as possible! As soon as I've got the photos from Kev and from my parents, I'll put them up on here.

Thanks Again,

Tom (Winch Bitch for Car 17)