Interclub AWDC team

I have been asked to organise an AWDC team to compete in the upcoming Interclub challenge. If you are interested then please let me know on here or you can contact me on 01252 325930 or e-mail to sales@challenger4x4.com.

I competed in this event last year and can say that it was just about the most enjoyable event of the year, great format, great site and really well set out. more details about the event can be found on this forum in James`s post.

Regards Paul

I have been asked to organise an AWDC team to compete in the upcoming Interclub challenge. If you are interested then please let me know on here or you can contact me on 01252 325930 or e-mail to sales@challenger4x4.com.

I competed in this event last year and can say that it was just about the most enjoyable event of the year, great format, great site and really well set out. more details about the event can be found on this forum in James`s post.

Regards Paul

Ill give you a call tomorrow paul, see if i can borrow the truck maybe ?

People who I would like to see in an AWDC team (road legal being a requirement)

Kevin Moss

Mark Sinclair

Sam Coulton

Adrian Catchpole

Peter Roberts

Austin Jewitt

Jonathan Smith

No offence if your name's not on the list, just trying to stimulate some response :rolleyes:

Regards Paul

Hi Paul

I Will Be up for it :)

Kevin Moss

Mark Sinclair

Sam Coulton

Adrian Catchpole

Peter Roberts

Austin Jewitt

Jonathan Smith

No offence if your name's not on the list, just trying to stimulate some response :rolleyes:

I am up for it along with my new co-driver, Tom Fall, but how road legal do the trucks have to be? Mine is MOTd (as for the Challenger 4x4 series) but I'm not going to tax and insure it for one event.

Kevin Moss

Mark Sinclair

Sam Coulton

Adrian Catchpole

Peter Roberts

Austin Jewitt

Jonathan Smith

Hi,

When is the event going to take place as i'm interested.

cheers

Mark

We need to find out if you need road tax for the event, its MOT'd but it doesnt have tax on it.

It would make it an expensive event to need to tax the vehicle when its not going on the road.

Does anybody know if it need to be taxed?

Taken from the 4x4 Adventures rules and regs...

"A roll bar must be fitted to all soft top vehicles. Even if the event takes place wholly on private land, Vehicle Tax, MOT and insurance are required. In the event of public roads being used to link sites then it is the driver’s responsibility to ensure that all road regulations are complied with."

For those who can't follow a link :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol:

For a bit of practice... TRY THIS ONE

These are the rules and regs that James has confirmed in Post 6 of THIS TOPIC that has previously been linked to above.

I don't mean to come across rude, but I think I probably have!!! :lol: Oh well!!

Ok thanks for that, It seems odd that the AWDC team was being aimed at the Challenger 4x4 series when you only need an MOT to enter the series this year. It will i think mean alot of the vehicles will not be taxed or insured.

I was hoping for somebody to say that it only needs to be MOT'd in line with the AWDC Challenger 4x4 Clubman series requirement. But it seems not.

It makes these events very expensive when the vehicle isnt driven on the road, one of the reasons it was dropped for the clubmans events.

I think it's purely a legal issue - the wellington site is split over 2 areas joined by a public road - in order to get from one to the other the car must legally be able to drive on a public road. Trailering between isn't an option as there isn't the room on the second half of the site.

Mark