MODS please stop deleting stuff

pugwash

Guest mr_wuffles
Its never sweped under the carpet..................

.......its Vacuumed up using the LR4x4 vaccum cleaner by a Mod wearing a maids uniform and placed in a bag for recycling so that the floor is all nice and clear........ :)

Is it a kinky maids uniform?

I removed it

I started the topic as a joke/dig at Nick in return for a few digs at me.

Nick and I conversed via a few PM's

I then decided to remove it as it was getting heavy and being unfair to Nick.

Tony

anyone needs further expanation feel free to contact me via PM

Tim, I just tried to phone you, but some robotic tart took my details and promised to pass them on (not a big job then! :D )

Locking a thread is not the be-all and end-all, and I'm afraid sometimes explaining every morbid detail to everyone isn't such a good idea in certain circumstances.

If so-and-so was being a plonker and it became necessary to delete threads/ban/beat the carp out of someone, then explaining why to anyone that has hearing that works is ok. But if anyone makes an accusation that is evidently a possible legal issue, then Mods/Admin can't make like a Sun journalist.

I don't want to get all stressy and nasty, but to be honest, we mods/admin put more trust in you lot that you do in us. Perhaps we/I should start a thread complaining about the fact that we/I can't do anything without mass approval. Some of you seem to forget that in the end, it's the Mods/Admin that holds the other end of the stick, and it always is the end that has **** on it. If the forum gets sued, then it'll be us that answers to any and all accusations. I'm not saying that you all should close your eyes and put up with whatever gets thrown at you, but complaining about what we have done about a particular matter doesn't help in some cases.

If there's a possibility of legal issues, then the wisest thing to do is lock and save. I know it's hard for some of you to belive, but I/we have the best interests of this forum and it's members at heart.

A Moderator or Admin will never ruin this site, but a user almost certainly will.

Les.

There does seem to be a pattern here.

It seems to me that if said slanging match involves one of the mods/admins - that's when it gets deleted. If it involves someone else, it gets left - unless it gets REALLY bad.

Am I wrong?

Les, I don't think anyone is expecting a novel on why something has been deleted or locked. "Thread locked because it was turning into a slanging match" would probably suffice.

Si

re:

It seems to me that if said slanging match involves one of the mods/admins - that's when it gets deleted. If it involves someone else, it gets left - unless it gets REALLY bad.

untrue

I moved it to stop anymore slagging off of Nick not about me.

I don't remember any other threads slagging people off left on any forums unless you know different?

storm in a tea cup IMHO.

still we'll have some new mods soon....

Dear mods and captain pugwash

I think this post should be deleted as it is frivolous (sp) and has nothing to do with landrovers. :ph34r:

Seriously i think unless the posts are libelous or totally defamatory it would be better to lock them rather than delete them. We are all people (men being sexist and defamatory to women and i wouldn't want to upset mandy) of the world and should be big enough and ugly enough to be able to understand what is toungue in cheek and what is n't.

paul C.

OI!!! :angry: why wouldnt you want to upset me? am i not good enough? why cant i be upset like everyone else?its my right as a forum member to get upset!

now thats just sexist, that is and while we are on the subject.... WHO YOU CALLING UGLY??? Everybody knows i am the dead spit of Angelina Jollie... BIPPIE SAID SO!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Disgruntled of Sussex. ;)

So if this post was to be insulting, threatening or provoke legal action would the whole thread be pulled?

As others have said, delete posts from when it gets nasty, lock the thread and say “thread locked as it’s getting out of hand”

It’s frustrating to follow a thread that is entertaining, intriguing or you are waiting for an explanation of WTF is going on only to find it’s been pulled.

i agree with pugwash... this place was set up as we all got fed up with one persons hidden agenda, and silly politics.... it now seams that the mods take it upon themselves to play god from time to time, and remove things they don't like.... :(<_<

i hope this place doesn't end up like the other one did..... :(:rolleyes:

Admittedly most of the controversial/garbage/OT discussions are on the International forum but I think I have only deleted one thread this year which was a blatant bit of Spam on the Discovery forum a couple of weeks ago. Not all that Godlike then <_<

I never chose to air anything :rolleyes: TonyC started the thread yesterday i would have know nothing about it only someone told me about it.

Good reason to lock threads and not delete them then, i would not have made an assumption