loads of vibrations

hi there it's me again. my landy is vibrating a lot when i'm around 50km/hr.everytime i push on the gas it vibrate more and if i lift off my foot it stop even if i'm pretty much the same speed! if you know what i mean. i've change my cv joint coze it was gone but the circlip is not on at the end of the hub!!!! is that of any issue!! i've done my UJ'S on my rear prop both! the front one there was no play so i did'nt change any but do you think it might be my front prop causing the vibration or is it my cv!! any help

thanks a lot

thierry

It may be something really simple like it has thrown a wheel balancing weight. Also do a quick check on wheel bearings by lifting each wheel in turn just off and wiggle is by hand side to side & top and bottom. If there is any play wheel bearing might just need tightening. But if you spin it and there is a rough sounding noise, bearing is shot. But if UJ's are fine I would have the prop shafts re-balanced. There is a outside chance if your break pedal on first push goes almost all the way down and second push is firm that a brake disc is bent.

hi thanks for the reply. both brake disc are new. and bearing are supposeto be new. i have'nt done it myself and i won't be suprise if they have'nt done it. but i'll check it. i'll say it's the prop which need to be align or wheel need balancing as it was sand blast recently for respraying. so i'll check that today

thanks a mil

thierry

It may be something really simple like it has thrown a wheel balancing weight. Also do a quick check on wheel bearings by lifting each wheel in turn just off and wiggle is by hand side to side & top and bottom. If there is any play wheel bearing might just need tightening. But if you spin it and there is a rough sounding noise, bearing is shot. But if UJ's are fine I would have the prop shafts re-balanced. There is a outside chance if your break pedal on first push goes almost all the way down and second push is firm that a brake disc is bent.

hi, sorry to poach the thread, but how do you rebalance the prop shafts as mine needs to be done i think, it damaged two diff seals in a month, cheer's defender dinky

often you get workshops that call themselves propshaft rebuilders. They often will cut the UJ yoke off the shaft and weld a new one on. Then they would balance the shaft in a lathe. Never done it myself but have seen it done. A place to ask is at a tyre and shock fitment center.

hi, sorry to poach the thread, but how do you rebalance the prop shafts as mine needs to be done i think, it damaged two diff seals in a month, cheer's defender dinky

I got mine done a while back by looking in the Yellow Pages for engineering/engine rebuilders, some of them state that on their ads. I could have swore that the Federation of Engine Remanufacturers www.fer.co.uk used to list it as well but a quick check shows the code isn't listed anymore. It would be another good play to start for some contacts. I would have thought anywhere that can balance crankshafts should also be able to do props.

hi there it's me again. my landy is vibrating a lot when i'm around 50km/hr.everytime i push on the gas it vibrate more and if i lift off my foot it stop even if i'm pretty much the same speed! if you know what i mean. i've change my cv joint coze it was gone but the circlip is not on at the end of the hub!!!! is that of any issue!! i've done my UJ'S on my rear prop both! the front one there was no play so i did'nt change any but do you think it might be my front prop causing the vibration or is it my cv!! any help

thanks a lot

thierry

hi its normaly the prop that vibrates and maily at 50 ish the best thing take then off and regrease them up and check the weights are all there also take the joints apart and regrease but before you put the props back on check to see if you have any play on the diff where the prop bolts onto make sure you havent any play and do the same to the transfer box regards sam

Hi I still have some vibration the rear prop seem to have a little play the uj were done a couple of weeks ago I'm wondering if I could remove it and test the truck on a short distance to see if it's definitely the back one causing it?

Hi I still have some vibration the rear prop seem to have a little play the uj were done a couple of weeks ago I'm wondering if I could remove it and test the truck on a short distance to see if it's definitely the back one causing it?

Yes you could, you would just need to engage diff lock.

Mark.

thanks a lot

thierry

Hi Thierry,

I have a similar problem with mine. I have traced it to the front prop, which, although i changed the u/j's is still vibrating under power at about 45 - 50 mph. I removed the front prop & ran it in difflock with no vibration. On fitting the prop again the vibration is back so either the prop or u/j's are needing replacing.

Try running it in difflock without your front prop fitted & see if the vibration stops.

Cheers,

Terry.