What about a Heavy Duty clutch ?

Mates :

Been browsing - hear some discussion on a heavy duty clutch .

I have read a few things on other site - anyone have an opinion to share -

one thing I feel is stay away from Britpart - even the HD clutch

Can a TD5 clutch fit my 200 Tdi/LT77 ?

cheers in advance

Give www.rakeway.co.uk a ring - the guy there was amazing, I didn't really even ring him for advice, I just wanted an alloy clutch release bearing and he was obviously an expert in his field (mainly clutches!!) could supply me anything from standard parts to a custom clutch and flywheel that evidently wouldn't slip with any amount of torque you put through it.

If you are updating ur clutch plate then consider the other bits that you might want to upgrade too, e.g. alloy clutch release bearing (wont melt) and re-enforced thrust linkage - you have to ask yourself why you are putting a HD clutch on, taking into account LR clutches are pretty beefy already.

Cheers Mates :

say Maverik - I run my truck in the desert - lots of unpaved roads - trails only atvs sometimes attempt - not to mention pulling a moteur to get the gearbox down - I enjoy the work - not the time without a truck - like the rear main seal ( Britpart ) I re purchased with Genuine LR - rather do other work than have to re do something because I went cheap - or its weak /not up to snuff for what I ask the machine to do -

I am new to this board - only means my attention is rebuilding another vehicle - good to hear from the mates well schooled on the current happenings - surprised BritPart still has bad reports behind such essential bits

As I mentioned - my LT77 was recently rebuilt by the LR gearbox meister on this side of the pond - got an R380 case to install gearbox oil cooler lines like the stock R380 - never had a gearbox succumb to heat like this - so I seek out durable parts - know of course you pay for quality and hope to get the durability - we average 45ยบ C here - not to mention the pavement radiating back the heat - durability is paramount

cheers:

Not sure if you really want a paddle clutch. There was a thread in the international forum about them a while back and it struck me that they werent suited to 'normal' driving, but it may just be a case of getting used to them.

Cheers Mates :

say Maverik - I run my truck in the desert - lots of unpaved roads - trails only atvs sometimes attempt - not to mention pulling a moteur to get the gearbox down - I enjoy the work - not the time without a truck - like the rear main seal ( Britpart ) I re purchased with Genuine LR - rather do other work than have to re do something because I went cheap - or its weak /not up to snuff for what I ask the machine to do -

I am new to this board - only means my attention is rebuilding another vehicle - good to hear from the mates well schooled on the current happenings - surprised BritPart still has bad reports behind such essential bits

As I mentioned - my LT77 was recently rebuilt by the LR gearbox meister on this side of the pond - got an R380 case to install gearbox oil cooler lines like the stock R380 - never had a gearbox succumb to heat like this - so I seek out durable parts - know of course you pay for quality and hope to get the durability - we average 45ยบ C here - not to mention the pavement radiating back the heat - durability is paramount

cheers:

Rakeway make the performance clutch systems for Dakar rally vehicles, the standard clutch bearing carrier is plastic so can melt if your putting heavy load on your clutch for reasonable periods. they make nice shiney alloy ones that will last a liftime. I really would get in touch with these guys as they will be able to give you exactly what you need. and to be honest for what you get I think the prices are pretty good.