Where to buy steel

need4speed

Im looking for 2 rectangular steel sections. Dimensions are 16mm x 32mm x 115mm.

Where would i be able to buy these?

Any help appreciated.

B&Q did angle last time I was in. limited profiles but they did it in Alu/steel

have a look on parkersteel.co.uk

Their techincal catalogue is online and will tell you what the stock sizes and dimensions are. That way if you go a stockholder, you can ask for a standard size. You can buy direct from parkers too, but again, it will be 6m lengths plus a delivery charge (from canterbury).

In terms of places to get it from, I would suggest getting friendly with a local fabrication shop, and seeing if they will let you raid thier scrap bin, or buy cut lengths from stock.

hth

Mark

Can be pricey for short lengths, but have a look on ebay, there are fabricators selling off meaningful offcuts which could be easier in the end.

Or as said, any engineering shop/fabricators should be able to sort you out :)

Find yourself a local small engineering shop that does welding fabrication etc like I've got where I live in Frome I've used this guy for quite sometime for my steel and it's always good to have a rapport with them as normally they'll give you advice if you need it too

HTH

John