A-frame to chassis mounts; bolt size please?

Disty

Ok, seems the shorter ones are 45mm not 35.

The chassis isnt threaded, so you'll need to fit nuts and washers.

The OEM parts are BX110111L (x2) for the long bolts, BX110091L (x4) for the shorter ones, WC110067L (x12) for the washers and NY110051L (x6) for the nuts.

The ebay links are pretty expensive, you can buy the bolts from britcar for much less money.

generally bolts have a threaded section thats a specific length for its diameter, so a 5mm longer bolt will have 5mm more "shank" and the same amount of threads on it.

This means you might find the shank protrudes too far, depending on how close the original part was.

Thinking about it (I'm not with my car bits now) I don't even know how you get the bolts in that section- Isn't that crossmember solid!? How on earth do you get the nuts and washers in and then hold them there?

I'll get some 5mm longer and if the shank is too long, I'll take them back, that way I can at least start fitting...

Disty, a bit thick i think mate biggrin.gif the A frame brackets fit onto the chassis cross member where the bit in the pic at the other end of where the axle is ie where the two black A frame bars meet the chassis , You'll find on there that there is three places on each side for the A frame bars ,where the bolt holes are to accomodate the A frame to the chassis and don't forget this is a pic of the top of the chassis and not the underneath, See the pic i got from the net to see where the A frame attaches to the chassis then you'll see where the A frame meets the chassis is where the nut's and bolts go to too

HTH

John

post-16623-081848000 1283586249_thumb.jpg

That photo is not a landrover chassis, its from marslands, and it doesnt use the tripod brackets at all.

If you look at the crossmember, you'll see the bits hanging down which the A-Frame just attaches directly to.

No idea why they've ditched the tripod brackets, as i had a bit of a double take at i myself when i went to attach my shiney powdercoated brackets!

If you see an original chassis you'll see the bosses for the bolts to go thru.

Turns out the shorter bolts did the trick. For anybody else who might read this, I got away with 40mm instead of 45mm. And of course, the mounts are either side of the crossmember- i was looking at a marslands chassis by mistake!!