Jez pics in action

white90

Sat here bleary eyed recovering from a late night/early morning haul to a mates in Holland, what a trip, truly epic fun :)

The green buggy was scratch built by Alexi, it destroyed all the competition but may be ruled out next year as it seemed to spend a lot of time on a trailer, it is a beautiful and seriously well thought bit of kit,

We pinged out when the last RHS TRE broke, having hit submegerged log/rock combo at 30mph, we had the support truck telling us to keep going but it would have meant using a heavily damaged part on thier Laplander and taking a good part to keep us going, I took the decision that Petal was built to crash but the support truck with 5 people on board wasnt - I wouldn't risk thier lives for anything. This year was only supposed to be a learning exercise, new truck with no testing against terrain you cant stand on or crawl over. The team is now recognised by the Russians, Estonians, Latvians, Kazaks, Fins et all as being a serious proto class squad - next year we fight :)

noo she didnt beat me - she was a bit miffed that the TR2 car she was crewing wasnt really up to the job but she still had a cool time, James and Stuart did well in Tourist, Chris and Mark had a great time in TR1, Kari and Tapio blew their injector in TR3, Pali and Gabor entered a world of pain in TR3 and had to pull out after destroying the car (truly heroic effort though - where we passed them it was bad, then for the next 20ks, it got progressively worse to the point of pure warfare)

The toughbook is looking a little bit secondhand Andy... :unsure: but thanks to you we knew where we were and just what was in store for us in the Km's ahead - having thought about it maybe flying blind might have been nicer :lol:

Uncle Johns wiring still piping lectrickery to the right places :):)

Bl**dy good show old chap. Glad the wiring held up :i-m_so_happy:

Just to give people a flavour I've now uploaded the 2004 video here:

Ladoga_Trophy_2004.divx

350Mb download so not really for dialup users ;)

It's in DivX Format as they have a free DVD ripper that was all I could find at the time, if someone wants to convert it to MPG or such like I'll happily let them FTP it up, I have 25Gb space left :P

Hey Daan, hows the 444? me want one :)

Little Kari has some pics on his website, We've got a few more but cant post em up until we're back in Blighty

have a nose a Kari's Kari Sihovenen's site

Jez, good to see you survived.

Making 12 hours a day currently, solving one problem while creating 4 at the minute, you know what its like.

Fantastic pics. How do those indipendent cars hold up? I also saw some landys having tyrepressure monitoring systems. Any details?

Daan