Waste of Time

Tomcat Nev

Went to Minehead today.

I got approximately 4 minutes into the first lap before knocking the oil take-off plate (where the filter used to be before the filter was placed remote) clean off the engine.

The thing that gets me is this was avoidable. I have been Germany for 5 weeks so entrusted the fitting of my replacement 3.9 to some one else.

On four seperate occassions i asked 'have you checked the clearance' only on the third asking did the said person take one spring out and have a look see. This is after asking point blank to have both springs removed and both bump stops and then rest the axle against the chassis to see if there was clearance.

I was then told i need not worry- its all ok - i have being do this for X years - it will not smash it off etc etc.

If i had a digital camara i would post a picture of the damage.

The only positive was that the 3.9 did not feel so slow in the trees...............

All i can say is never take your car to this man!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Cheers

Nev

Nev

Fabulous....... I bet you were just so thrilled.

And as you say aviodable if he had either done wehat you asked or even done the job properly - hacks me off this sort of thing....

"Making one of those calls" to the muppet in Q tommorow ?..."Asking" for a bill reduction / refund ?....you SHOULD or he'll think all is well and carry on doing it to others, needs a wake up call perhaps ?

And who is this quality cretin then ?

I know exactly how this feels, ask JW and I about a certain QT Cage, bought to save time and work, returned due to poor workmanship, Janspeed exhaust, bought to save time and have easy fittment, didn't fit, quality applalling only beaten by their even worse (non existant) after sales service.....etc etc

Even a refund won't make it right tho ? :(

Nige

Money is not the issue - its the loss of faith in his work.

All the more difficult considering he was sat next to me on the drive home from Minehead.........................

Janspeed went downhill after Jan Oder sold it. Last year i wanted to have a rolling road session on their 4wd rolling road - i gave up in the end as even ringing and talking to the them did not result in a booked session. They just did not want to do anything!!!

Not had a problem with QT myself.

Nev

"All the more difficult considering he was sat next to me on the drive home from Minehead........................."

It wouldn't have been unreasonable to 'suggest' he used a taxi.

Mind you, it depends how high you wanted the 'boat burning' flames to reach.

Anyway, we are here to commiserate. No practical bloody use at all, but commiserations all the same :-)

The 'villain' will never touch my vehicle again thats for sure!!

Steve you are very perceptive.

I need to change the complete front end to an original SD1/RR arrangement rather than the current serp style as thats what was on before and had no clearance issues, that of course means a cam change as well

Won't be ready in 2 weeks!!!! Maybe for the two day event at Winchester/Worthy Down on 22/23 July, but i have to go back to bloody Germany!!!!!!!!

Oh well of to bed for me. ;)

Nev

The 'villain' will never touch my vehicle again thats for sure!!

Steve you are very perceptive.

I need to change the complete front end to an original SD1/RR arrangement rather than the current serp style as thats what was on before and had no clearance issues, that of course means a cam change as well

Won't be ready in 2 weeks!!!! Maybe for the two day event at Winchester/Worthy Down on 22/23 July, but i have to go back to bloody Germany!!!!!!!!

Oh well of to bed for me. ;)

Nev

Oh dear

I bet that was a interesting drive home with the atmosphere....

How did Pete get on.

Did Kipper (Phil Hicks) get down there and did he finish

Vick will be racing her 1.8 freelander at Winchester its on her Birthday and if I still have my racer I will be playing in the td4 freelander..

Ah, Nev. I wondered what had happened. Saw you on the start line and then on the trailer.

Des and I didn't finish but gave it a good go. Four sheared off prop shaft bolts and a radius arm mount ripping off the chassis kind of put pay to that day.

.......then there is the intermitent clutch, the leaky power steering and a misfire when hot!!

Roll on Winchester tho' :)

Wish i had got as far as ripping a radius arm mount off.

Winchester is only 3 weeks away for me! But i am 'working from home' for a couple of days so maybe i will get some of it done! If not you might see the truck at Pete's.

Roll on Winchester. :D

Cheers

Nev

www.scor4x4.co.uk

23/7/06

Sunday comp safari

A34 between the first junction (were you come off for Drovercare) and the Water Tower.

Massive Bike track is on the opposite side of the A34

I love it cos you race along side the A34 overtaking cars on the road you get some very strange looks from Van and lorry drivers...

Racing will start at about 9.30 till 4.30 ish

So,

Took all the suspension off the front this week and found that the axle interferes with the Oil take-off plate by about 20mm.

Damage is limited, as far as i can tell to the balnking plate:

hpim00057si.th.jpg

And here is the aftermath:

hpim00066qm.th.jpg

And the Bodge:

hpim00137rh.th.jpg

I know its not the ideal way of getting round the problem but i should bit fitting a new and different engine over the winter so it only has to serve for another 5or 6 events!

So i shall be at Winchester - although the power steering has given up now...... ;)

Nev

Reliability - i guess that comes with age :lol:

I took it out for a test fright this evening once i had modded the power steering pump.

I now have really nice well weighted steering. :D

But the pump sounds like a banshee :o

Maybe, fingers crossed, i might finish the rest of the season...................................

Steve are you coming to play at Winchester/Worthy Down. Very easy for you to get to.

Nev

I would like to race but it clashes. Quite a busy weekend.

MOC are at Stone with an ARC club, which I would like to have done having won the first three races of their championship. AWDC are at Ross on Wye which I plan to do. NORC are racing at Broadbottom and SCOR are at Winchester.

I know it's difficult for the clubs to liase dates but with limited entries it would pay to try. I would have raced with MOC and SCOR if they didn't clash, so there's two entry fees staying in my piggy bank.