which winch??

I washed all the grease out of the gearbox and gave it a spray of PTFE Lube (intended for Photocopiers) which has made it much more free - but not free like a Delta-Tek! I'll get on it over the weekend! I think I still have some lumps of EN24 from the Delta-Tek prototypes under my bench.

The dual motor conversion I made makes the winch 5" narrower - so I guess a wide (and / or bigger diameter) drum version is also viable.

Si

I would just like Delta Tek to make MORE

It's no consolation - but even I'm still waiting for one! They are being produced as fast as possible - it's just demand is totally outstripping supply at the moment!

Have you tried PMing Nick directly?

Si

I washed all the grease out of the gearbox and gave it a spray of PTFE Lube (intended for Photocopiers) which has made it much more free - but not free like a Delta-Tek! I'll get on it over the weekend! I think I still have some lumps of EN24 from the Delta-Tek prototypes under my bench.

The dual motor conversion I made makes the winch 5" narrower - so I guess a wide (and / or bigger diameter) drum version is also viable.

Si

hmmmm could you build a TDS twinmotor big drum hybrid turbo nutter winch to fit the gigglepin bolt pattern?

we won the HW series last year with a TDS on the rear of RV4, freespool, B2 and large drum, 12000lb version.

if your just getting into it a TDS will work well and can then move to the back.

Orange - your losing confidence in it as the rope slips off the grub screw! - Splice the rope on then.