just chopped my d1 for a 90

A P plate would be a 300Tdi, these should give 25-30mpg if driven conservatively.

I think I read somewhere that the 300Tdis and Td5s have lower official MPG figures than 200Tdis, my 90 (200Tdi) is currently doing 31mpg.

thx bud dont think i really made my question clear sorry i dont have any idea how much my tank holds as i fill it from my white diesel tank on the farm and have no way of seeing how much im putting in wanted to know roughly how many miles others where getting to a tank to sort of compare roughly but will be happy if its better than the guzzeling disco she was only managing about 24mpg

A standard tank size for a 90 drivers side under seat tank is 54 ltrs... now I'm actually running a wee experiment myself at the moment to work out what the fuel dial is doing, as a well know fact they are disasterous at showing what the actual fuel level is...

From some guestimates I've worked out that the fuel light starts to flash on (going around right hand corners) with approximatly 20 litres still in the tank... I've been getting about 28mpg on my 200tdi, and I'm quite heavy with the old accelarator.

not sure mpg wise but if doin long distance or trailer towing id rather use the 200tdi than the td5 as for some reason that drinks it

went from heathrow to worthing and back and did just over half tank, that was on motorways doin between 55-60 using cruise control and other roads kept to speed limit or max 60mph, im sure thats not good

thanks for the comments guys i take it that a p reg 300tdi has a low fuel warning light then ? or is it just the red on gauge ? as asoon as i see it hit the red i fill it as my disco was truely unreliable the red light came on then she wud cut out lol

Dazwell, it should have a low fuel warning light. Having said that it'll probably be as reliable as the disco one except that it'll come on and go off from about half a tank as and when it feels like it ;)

Once you get settled with your 90, a good improvement is to fit a set of instruments from a TD5 Defender, the electronic speedo being a vast improvement :) The fuel gauge is electronically damped so it doesn't wander from side to side as you go round corners and it isn't terribly difficult to fit. Do a search for the wibbly wobbly speedo thread.

HTH

Mo