Goodwinch new G12

andylandy

good old Mechanical, it worked for 15 years on mine, the winch is 35 years old, getting a bit tired now.

But hey, what do I know?

Daan

I concur. My old pto winch, made from a final drive worm box off a timber carrying straddle truck is now 30 years old and has outlasted 3 LandRovers. If the pto driveshafts are set up correctly ( mine aren't) and the universal joint angles are not too severe, winch line speed can be pretty quick in top gear main box. The only hassle I find is that if I am operating the winch on my own whilst outside the truck I cannot stop the winch without shutting down the engine.

Bill.

PS, Since when has David Bowyer been known as the Daddy of winching ? Vehicle mounted winches have been around for well over a century. Is he that old?

Bill.

PS, Since when has David Bowyer been known as the Daddy of winching ? Vehicle mounted winches have been around for well over a century. Is he that old?

Bill.

I’m not sure, but I think you will find that Dave’s world wide market share is huge in comparison to the size of his business :blink: . The daddy of winching bit has a bit of history attached to it …… although he is better known locally as Diddy Dave. :D

Interestingly, I live quite close to DBOR (40 mins) and I am given to understand that he has expressed an interest in my PTO pump driven MM setup ………. So I am expecting to go up there and do some number testing on his calibrated load cell……….. it would be good to get Andy there with his reeboks and see how fit he is ;) ………… I can pay out at up to 240ft/min :hysterical: ............... and with zero current draw.

Watch this space over the next 3 weeks.

Ian

Now then, this thing looks kinda familiar, where have I seen this sort of thing before?

Hmmmm

Oh yeah, on the front of my truck!!! :D

internals3s.jpg

[notice the roller bearings for the main gears)

internals2s.jpg

spare8074endinside.jpg

front.jpg

Thought this was suppoesed to be all new? :P :P

Mark

Yes Jim that’s a gods winch [as in spirit ]

Its amazing people have lost limbs and just the other week a co driver had his leg broken when he didn’t get out of the way fast enough

aloo a Malaysian guy who developed it has the use of this winch down to a fine art now dann on here has seen it and him in action

pod has the video clips of this winch you have to watch it 3 times to believe what you are seeing

godswinch: imagine a video of a car winching out of a bog and then fast forward it. Thats all really. No brake usually, so officially illegal. From what I have seen, it is ridiculous in terms of safety. The winch bitch has to find two trees: one to attach the winch to, the other to hide behind. I think someone is going to die one day. I have seen a few close calls while these winches were being used.

On the other hand, being a bit of PTO winch addict, it does excite me somehow - how boring this might sound to any of you...

Daan

godswinch: imagine a video of a car winching out of a bog and then fast forward it. Thats all really. No brake usually, so officially illegal. From what I have seen, it is ridiculous in terms of safety. The winch bitch has to find two trees: one to attach the winch to, the other to hide behind. I think someone is going to die one day. I have seen a few close calls while these winches were being used.

On the other hand, being a bit of PTO winch addict, it does excite me somehow - how boring this might sound to any of you...

Daan

Is there a video anywhere of this Gods Winch in action? I did a search the other day but couldn't find anything....