I want a fast winch

dollythelw

tis a bit of a wheeze - thats it on fast gear dragging a range rover which is a bit of a cheat but it was funny to do, on slow (which is the only speed we use for proper "work work") its a good bit slower but still moves faster than a fast thing on a fast day - downhill, I'll drag something about the yard tonight on slow speed if we can find another camera that does moving pictures (work of the devil)

speed is infinately variable - from smoochy slow dance to disco in the flick of a switch

they dont slow down under load, its hydraulic :)

I think with some playing about with pump gearing and a two speed geroler motor it will be on the money - maybe not suited to UK style winch comps but for what I do it 'kin rocks :D

gimme geroler!

Im pretty confident we can get the slow speed up a fair bit faster, anywhere between 25 & 50% but I dont think (for me anyway) its not worth chasing any more metres per min, a bigger capacity and maybe a change of location are next on the drawing board......... just after I get my hands on just another few little improvements

we need to start shopping for 109 stuff John.... :blink:

I told you once John, Im not wearing that bloody rubber outfit again, it only fits Andy and it chaffs really badly - and if you think you'e setting up "the batpole" in the laboratory you can think again.... pole dancing isnt your forte no matter what Al says and your cape is only gonna get caught in a grinder :o

Thats cool Will - life would be dull if we were all the same - hows your winch coming along?

The truck is SORN, cleaning and stripping will begin on Wednesday. I'm just waiting for the last details on some of the parts before having the buymper and rear x-member made.

Its a bit emotional at the moment; I'm about to rip appart a vehicle I've been building for 4 years :ph34r:

I'm about to rip appart a vehicle I've been building for 4 years :ph34r:

you're such a brave boy

:lol:

just seen you WTD in the classified section,I have a vision of what it's gonna be...

B)

...just another 4 years to wait then?

:D

you're such a brave boy

:lol:

just seen you WTD in the classified section,I have a vision of what it's gonna be...

B)

...just another 4 years to wait then?

:D

I hope not! The aim is to have it mostly done by the end of September with most of the suspension work following at the end of this year or the start of next.

Yep, you've got the basic idea of what it'll look like but I don't think many people will recognise it as the same truck once I'm done