replacing disco 300 pads

Tibout

Thanks I thought the green stuff is good for off roading but I've always use Mintex or lockheed so I think I'll stick to them. I've just been reading a few post that some disco are noisy after pads replacement so that's why I was wondering.

Thanks

thierry

Copper slip on the back of the pads and on the sliders should keep the pads from being noisey.

As for Green stuff, read their site:

http://www.ebcbrakesdirect.com/car/info.asp

Fast/Heavy Street Use

Brake well from cold

Effective to above 650°C

Low dust formula

Generally recommended for cars producing up to 200BHP and / or NOT 4WD

I have always used genuine parts pads they last longer, I once replaced my RRC front bads after 45,000 miles with Mintex (needed pads in a hurry) they only lasted 8,000 miles and less then a year so never again but then £9 for mintex £34 for genuine.

But this time last I replaced my discos front pads with EBC Ultimax just to see and at half the price of genuine parts, they do grab and are hardly worn after a year so good signs on whats to come ..I hope.

So try EBC Ultimax :)

Copper slip on the back of the pads and on the sliders should keep the pads from being noisey.

As for Green stuff, read their site:

http://www.ebcbrakesdirect.com/car/info.asp

Yes, but further down they mention greenstuff 6000, intented specifically for 4x4 use. If you buy greenstuff pads for LandRovers that is what you get (at least you do from Paddocks and they seem to be one of the cheapest places). I have to say they don't seem much better or worse to me except the dust seems much less.

Nigel

It depends on what terrain you drive over as to what milage you pads last.

my disco is a second car play thing and pads last about 1000 miles as the mud kills them off quite kickly as I mainly do greenlaning and play days.

If yours is mailny road going then you will get consdierably better milage

I run greenstuff pads and ebc fancy discs on my 4.6 p38. They're appauling when you first set off, but once they get heat in them they are amazing. However it isn't a small bus and i'm normally pretty heavy :ph34r:

I wouldn't use them on a 300.

G

Yes, but further down they mention greenstuff 6000, intented specifically for 4x4 use. If you buy greenstuff pads for LandRovers that is what you get (at least you do from Paddocks and they seem to be one of the cheapest places). I have to say they don't seem much better or worse to me except the dust seems much less.

Nigel

I stand corrected! Obviously reading the manufacturers site is not enough these days...