A hybrid with a difference.............

Disco-Ron

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wendy-1973-Tax-Free-Range-Rover-Hybrid-/320647148975?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4aa80f35af

Interesting wya to create a hybrid, not seen it done this way before, take one range rover, cut the chassis down to 86inch, leave the engine box AND bulkhead where it was in the rangey, then fit would would pass as lightweight panels to the rear, and defender front end....... actually doesn;t look too terrible, got more leg room than a series or defender, and most likely a stronger floor..........

Please note, i am NOT question what he's advertising it as, not questioning the age factor, or wether its had a vic check etc etc..........

That seat back is quality, although I cant decide if it is a stretcher or something out of a workshop, although being orange it could have been supplied by Scrapiron!!

Looks the same a my creeper from Halfrauds! I would not trust it!

Trust it or otherwise, it looks rather uncomfortable - especially after the relative luxury of the seat squab! Does look like a creeper trolley me thinks.

An interesting collection of bits, well done to the man that managed to merge them together as well as this. I like the stage 1 look of the front grille.

Let's buy a Ranger Rover...... and turn it into a Land Rover!

Joking aside, it looks like a good little project, I think it's quite a clever idea.

Nige, love the home-made PC :lol:

Just go back to the early 1990s, when 90s and 110s were not so affordable or prolific, and leafers were common place on the off-road scene, that is exactly what many people were doing. A budget coiler would be built from a shortened chassis from a rusty RRC, with a series body on top - a very popular conversion.

I didn't know that Mickey. Would it not just be easier to fit springs to a Series?

Well that is one option presented by Designa Chassis, but they were more into selling complete chassis (and were fairly late onto the scene).

This of course cost much more that a complete rotten Rangey, which in many cases also provided the upgrade to V8 engine and box, disk braked axles with all the suspension components required, as well as power steering, and many many other useful bits n bobs.