Tyres instead of simex

ricky tango

Looking at new wheels and tyres end of next month wheels I've got sorted but tyres I was looking at simex 35 x 11.50 15 extremes but it appears these aren't readily available until august so I'm now looking at other options. Swamper boggers are a little ott for what I need and don't play well on the rocks so I've heard, (I won't rule them out just yet) but asking what else are you running in light competition

"Light competition"? No need for Simex or 35" tyres.

However, I suspect you don't really mean "light" so look at Fedimas - IIRC they come out bigger and cheaper than Simex but have a stiffer sdewall.

Fedima are built well but only rated at 65mph father has 31's, insa aren't top of my list they just look like there going to pop , silverstone mt117 I have heard lots of stories of side Walls splitting very early ,

Need to be 35" 10.50 - 12

Car has lockers and full hd shafts/cv's

silverstones? been using them for the last 2 snakepits and 3 3peaks, not had any trouble with them at all. they do measure up a little on the small side though! we picked them because the centre lugs are wider spaced than the simex and we found that they self clear very well.

I have creepys on my buggys & have them over the simex I had on my 90, so far I haven't had any issues with them cleanin, just need to spin them faster, at the weekend it was commented to me that when they were really spun fast they would balloon & hey presto mud come out

Don't get me wrong I like the stance on creepys and generally I have found them a very good quality / extremely strong,I just find there's not as much control in the brown stuff as I'd like making me reach for the winch controls too early in the game.

I would except fedimas if the speed rating was just 10mph more, more so for piece of mind

Bfg MUDs although not as aggressive as any of the above still stand very tall on my list but only due to there availability build quality and speed rating I think I'd be disappointed with them and so might aswell stick with my creepys .

Does anyone know the speed rating on boggers?

I dont no the speed rating of them but i s*** myself when i took my comp truck for a blast up the lanes with boggers on

They really didnt handle like the simex did at speed, they were great fun !

Its what ever floats your boat tyre wise, but since ive had boggers i wouldnt use anything else now

Dan