Defender V8 - Running HOT!!!

Hi, i have a defender 90 v8 truck cab, its bin moddifed for challenges, i have the radiator in the back with a 16" fan, but it seams to run very hot, i think its the water pump not man enough to pump water to the radiator at the back, does any one know of a in-line water pump used or that could work?

many thanks

Jack

Another consideration, are you running a heater matrix?

I think people say that the pump is man enough, but water will take the easiest route, so as the resistance has increased to the rear rad more water will be going by the heater matrix.

Which unless you are running the interior fan won't be cooling the water before it returns to the engine.

To assume a hot running engine is down to the water pump not being man enough is a helluva assumption... The normal things like airlocks, clogged radiator, thermostat etc would need a really good going over before assuming you needed to spend lotsa cash on an electric water pump....

It 'seems' to run hot? What temperature? How are you monitoring it and where? What sort of driving? Are you sure you don't have a small head gasket problem?

To add to the above, is the timing correct ?

I've replied to nige's thread - in that i run a rear mounted rad with standard pump on my 4.2 and it cools perfectly in the back - big ally rad and peugeot 306 fans (similar to mondeo). (challenge truck)

G