Help - need a bit for my 8274

Mark90

I'm trying to build and fit my winch ready for Tony's bash and I need a new oil seal for the brake shaft, part number 7612. At the moment this is only available as part of the extortionately priced brake service kit at £80-90 :blink:

However in a few(?) weeks time these will be avilable to buy individually, but unfortunately this is likely to be a bit late for me to have the winch ready for Tony's bash.

As I don't need the full brake kit I'm rather reluctant to spend £90 just to get a seal, so does anyone have a seal laying around, maybe from a brake kit that you haven't used, that I could 'borrow' for the time being? It'll be replaced as soon as the seals become available.

Bish will be most grateful that I have a winch to drag him out if when he gets stuck :rolleyes:

TIA

It is bugg***d, didn't want to come out easily. I could try taking one out of the other winch, but don't know if it'll come out intact either, and would rather fit a new seal anyway.

Have tried Phil at PG and he hasn't got any for a couple of weeks, in fact it sounded liek he didn't have much of anything in for a couple of weeks.

It seems most places only sell the seal as part of the brake service kit.

Will take a photo when I get home, but it is the rubber lipped seal that goes on the brake shaft next to the bronze bush.

I don't know what they look like, but if it is a conventional seal, you should be able to get one at a bearing/seal supplier (have a look in the yellow pages for your nearest one). If you take it in, they will usually match it for you. If there are no numbers on it and it is mashed beyond recognition, measure the shaft diameter, the oil seal location diameter and the thickness of the seal, and that should be enough to get you a replacement.

Regards,

Diff

I've left a msg with Warn USA to see if they'll ship internationally

they have the part in stock for $4.95 plus shipping I guess

Worst case, I have a friend who will be travelling to the States between now and then and will be back before Tony's. I can ask him to bring one if needed. Bearing and seal supplier is probably best though, they should be able to sort you out.

Chris

Rocker, I have e-mailed them to ask about shipping to the UK, ie if they do it, how much, how long, etc.

Diff, that was my thought (the numbers are still readable) but apparently it's not a standard seal, people have tried and failed.

Tony, thanks.

Rocker, I have e-mailed them to ask about shipping to the UK, ie if they do it, how much, how long, etc.

Diff, that was my thought (the numbers are still readable) but apparently it's not a standard seal, people have tried and failed.

Tony, thanks.

Windrock have them as a stock item and ship to the UK from the US

Cheers

Pete

Hi Mark

I'm pretty sure I have one, I'll go and have a look

Steve

Yes I do, the metal has got some surface rust , but the rubber skirt and spring are tip top :)

PM me your address and I'll post it to you.

Les B - if you are reading this post I also found a new bearing for the motor so you won't need one of these :)

Steve