Old school 110 shock mount help?

My new rear cross memeber on my 110 has covered the holes for the shock mount, which is the old school type attached behind the rear axle.

I was hoping someone with the same setup could measure the two lines I have roughly draw on the pic, red and yellow, and maybe snap a picture.

Thanks

Green arrow points to the front of the truck!

post-6197-0-05107300-1304351782_thumb.jpg

has it covered the other end of the mounting holes on the chassis inner face too, if no, run a suitable size drill through to restore the outer hole ends.

110's never had dampers fitted to the rear of the axle. IIRC my chassis has those holes too [mines a 1989 vehicle]

"110's never had dampers fitted to the rear of the axle. IIRC my chassis has those holes too [mines a 1989 vehicle]"

I don't understand what you mean by this? My chassis is definitely a 110 chassis and it has one shock in front of the axle, and one behind? Its an 1983

You guys are scaring me a bit!

I test fit the 110 body on there and everything seem to line up perfect.

Can someone confirm that old 110's have the shocks mounted one front, one rear.

My 1990 110 chassis has one set of shock mount holes in front of the spring hanger and one set behind. It's only the one's in front that are used at the moment though. It was Ex services - dont know if that's relevant?

Well if they "never had" one behind and one infront, someone better tell Land Rover, as thats how they manufactured one of my earlier 110's. It was a real early one, on a Y plate. V8 van body with LT95 box, salisbury rear axle all from the factory.

Unfortunately I no longer have it so I cant help with the measurements.....

Thanks, I got the measurements already, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't some type of Frankenframe!

Well if they "never had" one behind and one infront, someone better tell Land Rover, as thats how they manufactured one of my earlier 110's. It was a real early one, on a Y plate. V8 van body with LT95 box, salisbury rear axle all from the factory.

Unfortunately I no longer have it so I cant help with the measurements.....

You guys are scaring me a bit!

I test fit the 110 body on there and everything seem to line up perfect.

Can someone confirm that old 110's have the shocks mounted one front, one rear.

just been under my 1989 110CSW, it has one set of holes on the RIGHT hand chassis rail, but NO matching holes on the LEFT hand chassis rail, my chassis is the original & the left hand side hasn't had any repairs done to it.

I've never seen a 110 with opposite dampers fitted at the rear end or a Salisbury axle with opposite lower beackets eother.

further to my reply above, found this ghost diagram of a 1983 110SW, look at the close up of the rear axle suspension, the right rear damper is the exact opposite fitting of the left one, top of damper behind the axle, -- never noticed it on a real 1983 vehicle, wonder how long that lasted in production,

post-20-0-21263600-1304444598_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-84154100-1304444855_thumb.jpg

Well you learn something new everyday, as for the measurements, shouldn't it be the same either side of the spring mount ? so same measurements forward as backwards from the spring mount, and anyway, +/- 20mm is well within land rover tollerence :lol: , and shoudn't affect function.