New Airfix Defenders coming soon

3 kits from Airfix coming soon, they include 110 Snatch & Wmik 110's,all in 1/48th scale, so big enough to have lots of detail, more details in the links below.

British Forces - Land Rover Patrol 8 soldiers & Snatch 110[/url]

British Forces - Patrol and Support Group 8 soldiers, Army lynx helicpter & 110 WMIK

British Forces Land Rover Twin Set Snatch & WMIK 110's

I'm going to get the twin pack, then me and other half can make one each. Do you think she'll enjoy that :D

Its a pity it couldnt be a surprise for her Birthday! :D

My sons into Warhammer :o (if youve been before and seen the "characters" that attend and work there you will know what I mean), he asked me to build and paint a couple of the characters and I really enjoyed it. I think I know how fetish people must get a kick now, I was really proud of my work and wanted to show everyone but was hugely embarressed at the same time. :P

I'm told I'm weird enough through liking Land Rovers and talking to my "sad mates" on the forum! :D

I think I can get away with a snatch Land Rover though. ;)

G :)

PS Ralph, maybe we could setup a "Vapour Build" thread? :)

She'd probably like it with her growing Land Rover interest :D

We should post pictures of our finished models, see who does the best job!

have a look under the clasic saction there is more there. or just put landrover in the search box at the top. All smaller scale but still look good. Think i'll buy one for my daughter wife always tells me I need more farther daughter time i'm sure she will like it.

ahh.. Pity they can't spell Land Rover :huh:

That's actually spelled correctly depending on the country of origin. For example, all Nordic Countries do spell Land Rover as one word. I think that Germany does to. ;)

That's actually spelled correctly depending on the country of origin. For example, all Nordic Countries do spell Land Rover as one word. I think that Germany does to. ;)

Interesting. So this is presumably done by Land Rover's marketing dept.? Do any other vehicle manufacturers do that?

My sons into Warhammer :o (if youve been before and seen the "characters" that attend and work there you will know what I mean), he asked me to build and paint a couple of the characters and I really enjoyed it. I think I know how fetish people must get a kick now, I was really proud of my work and wanted to show everyone but was hugely embarressed at the same time. :P

I'm told I'm weird enough through liking Land Rovers and talking to my "sad mates" on the forum! :D

G :)

PS Ralph, maybe we could setup a "Vapour Build" thread? :)

lets see who takes the longest to build one, :rofl:

those are Series 3 like these my brother built for his son's [my nephews] model railway, note the camo sankey trailer :D

post-20-0-94202200-1305737525_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-48534400-1305737529_thumb.jpg

Don't forget the new release from Hobbyboss. They've just released a 1/35 scale 110 WMIK. It's a lovely kit, and is bigger than the 1/48 kits from airfix. It has a 300tdi fitted, and full chassis/suspension detail.

that'll be this one then, looks pretty good. 4 on ebay at the moment,

http://www.hobbyboss.com/a/en/product/armor/1_35/2011/0303/667.html

Some build photo's of it, on this website http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=65597&st=0

only supplier I can find in UK http://www.halifaxmodellersworld.co.uk/hbb82446-british-wolf-military-landrover-reconnaissance-vehicle-5121-p.asp

post-20-0-48127600-1305745148_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-99997700-1305745154_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-34829600-1305745240_thumb.jpg

Edited by western

I was planning on getting one of these and modifying it to look like my vapour build 110 camper, which funds and lack of space are currently preventing.

if you did buy the WMIK kit, you would have even less funds for the vapour build camper. :lol:

Interesting. So this is presumably done by Land Rover's marketing dept.? Do any other vehicle manufacturers do that?

No it's not done by the marketing dept, it's the language that dictates how the words are written. When I was on the club committee for the Swedish "Land Rover" Club we had the same debate about how the words are written in club's title and in our clubs newsletter. Finally we decided not to follow as the language dictates but as written by the manufacturer. Looks smarter if you ask me. ;)