I thought the TDI had been replaced with the TD5 a few years before that (unless it's a ROW spec). It's concievable that he is totally disorganised and never kept any of the service paperwork ....

DVLA describe it as a

WHITE LAND ROVER DEFENDER 110 HERITAGE

Was the heritage a special edition? and was it available as a hard top?

No evidence to suggest it is dodgy at all. But then we don't need evidence when we have speculation :rolleyes:

I know of a farmer who bought a new 90, ran it into the ground over 10 years, never did any maintenance to it unless it absolutley needed it, and then left it parked up for a year when the gearbox went. Time for a new one anyway.

£2k a year was cheap motoring for his business.

To some people they are just tools for a job.

I thought the TDI had been replaced with the TD5 a few years before that (unless it's a ROW spec). It's concievable that he is totally disorganised and never kept any of the service paperwork ....

DVLA describe it as a

WHITE LAND ROVER DEFENDER 110 HERITAGE

Was the heritage a special edition? and was it available as a hard top?

Heritage 110 were all station wagons in either deep bronze green or atlantic green see photo's below.

it could be a late 300tdi ROW spec which would have the td5 dash.

post-20-0-19240200-1305899443_thumb.jpeg

post-20-0-76158200-1305899447_thumb.jpeg

From what I've just read the Heritage was only available 1999/2000 in small numbers so something isn't quite right about the DVLA info on this (although it is the DVLA) .....

A personal visit and a thorough check of the VIN stamped into the chassis would be advisable if you are thinking of buying it...

From what I've just read the Heritage was only available 1999/2000 in small numbers so something isn't quite right about the DVLA info on this (although it is the DVLA) .....

A personal visit and a thorough check of the VIN stamped into the chassis would be advisable if you are thinking of buying it...

Just saw it on ebay whilst flicking through and immediately thought it looked dodgy. 03 plate Tdi Engine on td5 chassis and td5 dash, no history, loose location info and just a mobile number.. I wouldn't touch it.

If someone on here with ties to the police feel it worth investigating further - so be it. Too many landies going missing round here to ignore something like this.

it could be a late 300tdi ROW spec which would have the td5 dash.

On the DVLA is says not marked as export which I'd have thought all ROW specs would have.

The enquiry is complete

The vehicle details for HX03 AWU are:

Date of Liability 01 04 2012

Date of First Registration 01 04 2003

Year of Manufacture 2003

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2495CC

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type Heavy Oil

Export Marker Not Applicable

Vehicle Status SORN Not Due

Vehicle Colour WHITE

Vehicle Type Approval

Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle

6 Months Rate £118.25

12 Months Rate £215.00

Seems perhaps a little on the expensibve side, but it all looks OK to me. Not everyone would have or keep the service history (foolish I know), and the number plate is clearly visible.What am I missing?

The bit that makes me wonder is the DVLA listing as a Heritage which was a limited edition TD5 and only available as a Station Wagon and not in that colour and about 3 years older than that Reg ..... Which kind of makes you wonder

depend what was writen on the original first registration document. probably the dealer got it wrong.

our own Bogmonster on here has a 2006 Defender 110 SW 300Td & it has the Td5 dash fitted.

Could just be one of those Landrover idiosyncrasies... but as always its buyer beware with no history/paperwork etc.

Seems like lots of people have things 'wrong' with their vehicles V5's

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ultimate-5-0-V8-Defender-110-CSW-Magazine-Featured-/250812797214

Apparently a professionally rebuilt one ... been in magazines....... new chassis ... 5.0 TVR V8 .... 3500 miles since rebuild....

DVLA says.....

The enquiry is complete

The vehicle details for E922 HBY are:

Date of Liability 01 02 2011

Date of First Registration 10 03 1988

Year of Manufacture 1988

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 3528CC

Fuel Type Petrol

Vehicle Status Unlicensed

Vehicle Colour BLUE

Vehicle Type Approval

This vehicle can be licensed at a DVLA Local Office without the V5C Registration Certificate

6 Months Rate £118.25

12 Months Rate £215.00

Surely the engine size change should have been notified and also advertising it as only done 3500 miles (even if it did have a major rebuild) and the speedo only showing that as well whilst keeping the original reg is surely a bit misleading to say the least.

Maybe I'm just having a grumpy friday....

On the DVLA is says not marked as export which I'd have thought all ROW specs would have.

The enquiry is complete

The vehicle details for HX03 AWU are:

Date of Liability 01 04 2012

Date of First Registration 01 04 2003

Year of Manufacture 2003

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2495CC

Fuel Type Heavy Oil

Vehicle Status SORN Not Due

Vehicle Colour WHITE

Vehicle Type Approval

6 Months Rate £118.25

12 Months Rate £215.00

This suggests the DVLA know it is a 300tdi, as the TD5 is 2493cc...