Tube Notcher

Mark

Last night I tried out the Baileigh Notcher on a 44 degree angle - and it made the best notch I've seen by this method. I took some photos - but left my camera at home! I'll post them tomorrow / monday.

If someone would like my old notcher - for free! The first person to PM me gets it! The mice didn't seem very interested in a tube notcher!

It's one of these: Clicky Link but somewhat more dirty & used! It's also more a silver shade of dirty than blue as pictured.

It works OK and has made three cages to date - so I dare say it would make more. Good value for free, rubbish value in the link!

Si

post-1650-0-55270800-1312534211_thumb.jpg

If you look closely, you can see that this is a bit of a cheat! They have not managed to notch all the tubes to fit together - there are odd bits of metal added to fill the gaps. It's still an impressive nest of tubes - but not one I'd trust my life to!

Si

If you look closely, you can see that this is a bit of a cheat! They have not managed to notch all the tubes to fit together - there are odd bits of metal added to fill the gaps. It's still an impressive nest of tubes - but not one I'd trust my life to!

Si

Si, have they not done that so the pipes can actually be assembled before welding?

Si

The reason its done like that is so that every seam can be properly welded (ie the seams you cant see are fully welded) making it safer.