Pneumatic switches for ARB???

SteveG

Looking at one of the US 4x4 mags this week I saw these from Powertank..

133.227.600x400.Toggle_dual.jpg

Clicky

Description:

If you're like most offroad competitors you'd rather have the simplicity and reliability of a total pnuematic air locker system. If so, here are the best air toggle switches on the market. These air toggles include push-in compression fittings made to fit the 5mm ARB blue air line so hook up is a breeze. This kit includes two switches when you're running ARB's in both the front and the rear axles.

Our Price: $78.95

They look ideal for operating the ARB and no need to wire in relays and switches for normal ARB switches. If I run the locker from a separate on board air this seems better than using the ARB switches.

What's the opinion on these? I think Andy runs pneumatic switches on his Ibex

Cheers

Steve

They've been 100% reliable in my Ibex.

I've added pressure switches into the Ibex so I get warning lights for actuation, but those damn switches are about £35 each ISTR.

I'm doing a similar system in MogLite

I prefer levers, rather than switches, but thats my preference.

Do you like the look of these ?

87_1.JPG

I just picked up a pair on eBay, new for very little money. I'm awaiting delivery.

If your need is greater than mine, I'll happily pass them on for a LOT less than $78 each.

I was going to use them for free-spool on my winches, but that project is long way off.

Guest diesel_jim
like the idea, less wires going around the place to worry about chaffing or breaking

And if there is a chaffing wire against some sharp metal, you can easily trace a "psssssssst" instead of smoke! :lol:

They've been 100% reliable in my Ibex.

I've added pressure switches into the Ibex so I get warning lights for actuation, but those damn switches are about £35 each ISTR.

I did wonder whether not a having a light to show that it's on would be a pain, although with the toggle switches you instantly know which way it is.

I'm doing a similar system in MogLite

I prefer levers, rather than switches, but thats my preference.

Do you like the look of these ?

87_1.JPG

I just picked up a pair on eBay, new for very little money. I'm awaiting delivery.

If your need is greater than mine, I'll happily pass them on for a LOT less than $78 each.

I was going to use them for free-spool on my winches, but that project is long way off.

I'm only putting a rear one in for now and the single one is about 22 ukp. I think i'll go for these ones as they are small enough to mount into my MSS centre cubby box next to stereo housing where they can't get accidently knocked. I like the idea of a toggle switch for the locker, but I'll see how it is in practice.

Thanks

Steve

They look to be the same brand as the switches provided by Maxidrive for their lockers:

P2120018Small.jpg

The Maxidrive switches are of the push/pull variety, so it seems a range of variations might be available from the manufacturers.

Paul :)

Looking at one of the US 4x4 mags this week I saw these from Powertank..

133.227.600x400.Toggle_dual.jpg

Clicky

Description:

If you're like most offroad competitors you'd rather have the simplicity and reliability of a total pnuematic air locker system. If so, here are the best air toggle switches on the market. These air toggles include push-in compression fittings made to fit the 5mm ARB blue air line so hook up is a breeze. This kit includes two switches when you're running ARB's in both the front and the rear axles.

Our Price: $78.95

They look ideal for operating the ARB and no need to wire in relays and switches for normal ARB switches. If I run the locker from a separate on board air this seems better than using the ARB switches.

What's the opinion on these? I think Andy runs pneumatic switches on his Ibex

Cheers

Steve

i run one (not for me lockers) in mine, came from hyphose, much nice lever for about 30 quid iirc

Many manufactures make suitable pnematic directional control valves. I use SMC valves, because they were easiest for me get.

They replace the solenoid operated valves and are far more reliable than the ARB switches, which tend to fall apart.