TD5 speedo - plugs

i am aware this has been done to a death on the wibbly wobbly thread (which i couldnt find just now) but i would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

I have a td5 speedo that i intend to fit to an earlier vehicle. i dont have any of the loom. i just want to run the speedo, none of the other gauges etc (which is what i did on my other vehicle)

So just using the speedo head which plugs do i need (MPN? or source?) and which pins on those plugs do in need to power up for the lights and the speedo to actually work?

Many thanks in anticipation.

well google helped - gaev up with forum search.

Using Retroconda post and picture of the pins below if i JUST want the speedo to work then can i just use the top speedo plug A and use

Pin 2 - to transducer

Pin 4 - lighting

Pin 6 - Perm 12v

Pin 7 earth

Pin 9 Perm 12v

Pin 10 ign 12v.

Does it need both pin 6 and 9 as perm 12v?

Does anyone know where i can just get Speedo plug A from?

Do i need plug B too and blank some off or would the speedo work in isolation?

post-53-0-09976600-1309559842_thumb.jpg

i am aware this has been done to a death on the wibbly wobbly thread (which i couldnt find just now) but i would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

I have a td5 speedo that i intend to fit to an earlier vehicle. i dont have any of the loom. i just want to run the speedo, none of the other gauges etc (which is what i did on my other vehicle)

So just using the speedo head which plugs do i need (MPN? or source?) and which pins on those plugs do in need to power up for the lights and the speedo to actually work?

Many thanks in anticipation.

The two connectors for the Speedo Head are AMP Junior Timer 10-way connectors, colour "Rose"

They are also used as ICE 'ISO' connectors and this is the easiest way to source them.

They are available from here -

http://www.nexxia.co.uk/products.asp?section=CAR%20AUDIO&category=ISO%20Connectors

M-53.jpg

Male Accessory ISO Housing

A 10 way Accessory ISO block used for Accessory ISO connections such as CD Changers and displays. Requires M-55 terminals.

Part Code: M-53-1

£2.50 inc VAT

M-55.jpg

Car Radio connector ISO receptacles Pack of 10

Part Code: M-55-1

£1.99 inc VAT

Car Radio connector ISO receptacles Pack of 100

Part Code: M-55

£15.95 inc VAT

Nick, I've got the number from Vehicle Wiring Products if that helps? (assuming they are from the speedo plugs)

The generic Junior Timer Female Terminals -

3-7210 for 0.35-1.0mm2 cable

3-7210-195.jpg

3-7211 for 1.5-2.5mm2 cable

3-7211-195.jpg

are cheaper from Polevolt - http://www.polevolt.co.uk/acatalog/Terminals_for_Connector_Housings.html

The above terminals are the same ones they supply with their ISO Connectors -

http://www.polevolt.co.uk/acatalog/info_RADIO8N.html

http://www.polevolt.co.uk/acatalog/info_RADIO8B.html

Thanks for the replies.

Both Polevolt and VWP are pretty expensive on carriage for small orders so I was hoping to get them from Farnell or RS since I have accounts with them so I won't pay extra for carriage.

Nick.

There are 86 different TE Part Numbers for Junior Time Female terminals, the differences are -

Contact Base Material

Contact Plating, Mating Area, Material

Wire Range (mm
[AWG])

Packaging Method (Loose Piece / Strip)

This should take you to the search results page for those 86 terminals -

Timer Contacts Product Feature Selector

I've just tried searching the RS website for some of the TE Part Numbers and had no hits.

Searching on Farnell's website, I had hits with the first two numbers I tried - 925590-1 and 925596-1