Help please! I need to identify some parts

Shant

Hi All,

Could anyone help me identify some parts please? My 1985 Military LHD 110 (2.5 NA) just failed the MOT, and the guy who did the MOT is now away, so can't help me with the failed parts. These are the failures:

Nearside front (idle arm) Ball joint has excessive play [2.2.B.1f]

Nearside front lower Torque/reaction arm has a detiorated rubber bush resulting in excessive movement [2.4.G.3]

Now, the ball joint.....would that be the thread track rod end ball joint? And, would the lower torque/reaction arm bush be the radius arm?

Thanks in advance for any help with this!

Last failure I had on 'front suspension upper balljoint' was actually the swivel pins...which shows how much the garage knew about the construction of the vehicle :P

Having seen the complicated computer system for selecting the exact failure to print on the form (it is done from a menu of pre written reasons for failure), I expect that 'front suspension upper balljoint' was the first thing that they found in the list that was descriptive of the failed component, if not precise. It seems to take ages to search through the possible reasons for failure.

Of course, it could have been down to the MOT guy.

Chris

Having seen the complicated computer system for selecting the exact failure to print on the form (it is done from a menu of pre written reasons for failure), I expect that 'front suspension upper balljoint' was the first thing that they found in the list that was descriptive of the failed component, if not precise. It seems to take ages to search through the possible reasons for failure.

Of course, it could have been down to the MOT guy.

Chris

The computer system is structured in EXACTLY the same way the MOT Inspection Manual, and therefore any NT worth his or her salt should be able to navigate it.

If it was a newly qualified NT that doesn't know their way around the Inspection Manual yet then it is somewhat understandable I suppose....