Intro from Noob

twodoorgaz

Hi, just a bit of an intro as I'm new to the forum:

I've just bought a '72 2-door Range Rover, its getting delivered next week. Will be rebuilding her from the pile of bits I've bought over the next year (full stripdown, everything galv'd, respray).

Have done plenty of work on Series and a bit on Discos but this is my first RR and I plan on keeping her for life. The mechanicals and chassis are perfectly salvageable but the body has been chopped about a bit,

I'll be asking loads of questions I'm sure, starting with - does anyone know of any 2-door shells for sale near Cumbria? I'm hoping to source a complete body from warmer climes less prone to rust, but failing that I'll try for one from the UK

Cheers,

Gaz.

Hi, just a bit of an intro as I'm new to the forum:

I've just bought a '72 2-door Range Rover, its getting delivered next week. Will be rebuilding her from the pile of bits I've bought over the next year (full stripdown, everything galv'd, respray).

Have done plenty of work on Series and a bit on Discos but this is my first RR and I plan on keeping her for life. The mechanicals and chassis are perfectly salvageable but the body has been chopped about a bit,

I'll be asking loads of questions I'm sure, starting with - does anyone know of any 2-door shells for sale near Cumbria? I'm hoping to source a complete body from warmer climes less prone to rust, but failing that I'll try for one from the UK

Cheers,

Gaz.

I know of loads with no rust at all

But but not that local to you , in fact I don't think you could go any further away if you want to

I'm going to Land Rover Max next week so will keep an eye out for the LHD.

@reads90 - I am expecting to have to get the shell from Oz to be honest. I can't imagine for one second that I'll find a usable shell in the UK and am trying one guy who I've read, imports panels and shells from the south of France. So I hope to find either a very cheap rolling shell or a reasonobly cheap runner (non-runners have to come in a container which is expensive compared to Roll-on/Roll-off) online, somewhere near a port in Oz so that I can arrange collection.

As soon as you look at importing a car from somewhere overseas, its not too much more to have it come from Oz (virtually guaranteed no rust?) as it is from Europe.

It was a white 2DR shell. might help you spot it easier :).

Thanks for that, turns out the chap who imported from france was also the guy with the white LHD shell. While a little out of my price range, was still handy to track down.

I've just posted a wanted ad on the forum and will give it a few weeks before I bite the bullet and pay for an import.

Loads of 2 doors still knocking around in Kenya as well - hard to get a shell though as cars are so expensive there they never scrap them. France is probably best bet, I think they cxarried on selling two door rangies there till the end of production - worth a trawl on french ebay, might be as well to get a whole car with some more modern spares on.

Loads of 2 door sold over here (France) especially after '86 with the diesel engine. Normally not as rotten as UK ones .

French Ebay is useless. Go to www.leboncoin.fr , over 40 2dr for sale since 1st August prices from 400€ to 10,000€ !!

• 1 month later...