Anti-burst locks.

Ratty43

Good answer. They have not. Then again nor have I driven it yet, although I've nearly finished it. If that's the sort of behaviour it takes I don't think I'll have a problem. Fairly certain that the old style mud tyres will mean doors will be the least of my worries if cornering to fast!

Personally I would fit anti burst if I didn't have them.

I have suffered the near misfortune of nearly 'exiting stage left' while on a roundabout in a friend's series 2 that was pre seat belts.

It't leaning on the door a bit due to cornering and body flex that caused them to pop open rather then cornering G force in my experience.

I also had the same thing happen in a helicopter 'joy ride' at a rally when my three 'mates' sitting on my right got the lap belts wrong and I only had half the belt to hand when the chopper took off. Sods law said it banked to the left all the way and I had three blokes leaning on me to look out of my window while I hung on till my knuckles bled (nearly) and the door popped open.

New trousers? You bet! :angry2:

It't leaning on the door a bit due to cornering and body flex that caused them to pop open rather then cornering G force in my experience.

Yes, my example was giving a possible situation it could happen in... as roundabouts (and leaning in corners/rough ground generally) tend to make the body flex, and you tend to lean into the door for support when the vehicle is leaning.

my passenger door used to pop open sometimes, not always when cornering, and not always when someone was sat in the passenger seat. i stopped that happening by adjusting the striker on the body so the latch engaged in it properly.

i stopped it happening by greasing the latch and striker plate as when it pops open is when the latch doesent slide properly into its slot and is therefore not properly engaged.

its quite embarrasing having to stop on a roundabout to let a passenger get off the door and back into the cab. :o and rather dangerous too, ive been looking out for a set of anti burst and latches ever since.

i stopped it happening by greasing the latch and striker plate as when it pops open is when the latch doesent slide properly into its slot and is therefore not properly engaged.

its quite embarrasing having to stop on a roundabout to let a passenger get off the door and back into the cab. :o and rather dangerous too, ive been looking out for a set of anti burst and latches ever since.

I have just bought a set for my 90 as the military doors had latches I got them from Richards in Shropshire. Lock barrels, mechanisms and strikers and a fixing plates came to £114 delivered if it helps :)

a good trick ive learnt is that if theyre kept greased its much better also, when you shut the door have a flick of the handle and if theres more than a few mm (or should i say it properly 1/4 of an inch):P slack in the handle then just give the door a sharp push or pull in untill youmhear the click of the latch locating properly. it will never fall open if you do this, but it generally means that you have to play chauffer as its complicated to explain to your passenger. :rolleyes: