Rear Dislocation cones

Baz2236

Hi I have just fitted some +5 shocks to the back of my 90 I also fitted the pointey dislocation cones to get the spring back in the right place. Whilst out trying them out today I noticed that the Spring drops further then the cone but then falls the other side of the cone so when it compress the spring is completely the wrong place. Any ideas how I can sort these out do the other cones which are shaped like a tube work better then these spike ones. what do others use or I suppose I could space the cone down further ideas please.

Thanks in advance.

Baz

Gwyn Lewis does them with a little hook/catcher which grabs the spring as it passes (I presume). Most people dont dislocate below the normal style cones so they suit most applications. I think you need to be looking at other types of cone.

G

I run QT reverse relocation cones on mine and they are fantastic. Spring is held in at the top and the pointy cone goes on the bottom. I bought them after loosing a spring in Wales last year when I had the upper mounted ones.

I've obviously not got Gwyn's ones, but I can vouch for the quality of the stuff he makes :D

Most of the relocation 'cones' I have seen are the wrong shape. The point of the cone needs to be at the outermost edge of the spring seat in order to have the greatest chance of catching the spring as it returns off-centre. My old 90 had a right angle triangle of bent flat bar which never failed - though I only had a 2" lift. The bar went from the top spring seat outer edge directly down and then bent up to go at an angle directly to the inside edge of the spring seat. Does that make sense?

Chris