underbody protection

discomikey

just a couple of questions,

number 1: would a QT wraparound diff guard fit the front axle of a series 3, as the track rod is quite close to the diff??

number 2: does anyone know of a tank guard for a series as i cant seem to find any for sale. i think i may have to make one myself.

cheers.

There is also this, never seen one like it before but it should do the trick:

http://www.ebay.co.u...2#ht_500wt_1200

that one bolts onto the bottom of the diff (if you have the late type diffs with the flat bottom) and protects the front prop UJ at the diff end, so not a diff guard.

i had to cut a chunk off my front diff guard to so it didnt disrupt the track rod. before i cut it, i could get it to full lock as the track rod end would bend when it hit the guard. i can take a pic on the weekend if you want.

Is there a real need for a tank guard? The standard tank is fairly tough, and has a built in guard.

Agreed. Mine has taken some heavy blows and shrugged them off no problem. It's probably easier or more likely to bend the chassis brackets for the fuel tank than damage the skid plate.

The tank has an extra plate across the bottom...maybe 2mm thick, but the drain plug is badly exposed. Slide on a rock and yes the tank would probably be ok, very likely to damage the drain though. My tank guards stand clear of it, with an access hole for getting at it.