Help Needed Fitting Wiper Mechanism

Started fitting new wiper wheelboxes to my bulkhead. After fitting them I noticed a problem. There is a bracket on the bulkhead that will get in the way of the cable and tube. I was told that the new bulkhead was a TD5 one so what's going on here?

post-4644-0-86252100-1326815664_thumb.jpg

post-4644-0-40977700-1326815960_thumb.jpg

Something I can add on wipers is that I had very slow wipers which I realised was due to using too much grease . I was looking into all sorts of alternative motors etc, then decided to try reducing the internal friction. I found some stuff called Super Lube (don't search for it while anyone's looking, as you will get many hits!) which is water resistant, not very thick and PTFE loaded. I have used this on the gears in the motor and on the cable, and can report a big improvement in speed.The wipers are now faster on a dry screen than they were on wet (still not very fast, but it's taken years off them). It's sold on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUPER-LUBE-Synthetic-Grease-Syncolon-PTFE-3-oz-/200592473493?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb43e3d95 ; I think it's US in origin, Sherline reported they have used it on their lathes as they find it makes a big improvement. It's not cheap but one tube would easily do 2 vehicles. I had to clean out the cable by cleaning the inner and replacing it, and repeating till it was coming out more or less clean. I then greased the inner sparingly, shoved it back, and pulled it out a few times, and then regreased it where the grease had gone, but emphasis on a thick smear rather than loads of it filling the cable, leaving some air gaps. Nigel