Britpart OEM????

Bought part number DLW000020 for my defender from LR Series. Ordered an OEM part. Imagine my dismay when the little blue box fell out of the jiffy bag! Since when was britpart an OEM supplier? Should I even use this? It would be a major pita if it were to fail prematurely.

post-20-0-38060100-1327439466_thumb.jpg

Edited by western
photo of DLW000020 added, so others know what it is.

Britpart does supply OEM parts. There was a question raisied on thie 'ere forum about an OEM propshaft that came in a blue box, IIRC there were part numbers on the UJ's which identified them as genuine GKN (IIRC) components, so alittle research, and you may indeed find it is OEM.

Britpart supply OEM, Genuine and Aftermarket parts. The only way to find out which one it is (unless the part is marked as above) is to phone either them or the supplier you bought it from.

Buying OEM doesn't always mean it will come in a OE's packaging, Britpart are the main distributor for Land Rover parts in the UK and so pretty much all retailers will use them to source OEM parts since they just wouldn't get competitive pricing from the OEs themselves.

What matters is who made it (and to what spec, very important for U/Js), not what box it comes in.

LRseries sell lots of OEM Britpart stuff as do Paddocks.

OEM no longer means not Britpart!

My swivels were OEM Britpart as were Railko bearings.

No way to tell what they were except for the OEM sticker.

You just have to hope that Britpart are buying them from the same supplier as are OEM but it is all on faith.

I certainly felt let down but there aren't many choices so you have to get on with it.

Since the original question has been answered:

IIRC the 140 refers to the operating angle that the gear lets the wipers sweep.

That would depend on how many teeth were on the wheel at the wiper end too so to mark the gear seems odd. 140 teeth seems more likely.

Chris

Since the original question has been answered:

That would depend on how many teeth were on the wheel at the wiper end too so to mark the gear seems odd. 140 teeth seems more likely.

Chris

Hi. 140 is the degrees of sweep of the wipers. On my 300tdi it's got a 115 deg, the 140 deg was fitted from 2002 when they moved the wiper motor higher up the bulkhead and changed the size of the wiper wheelbox for a larger size cog with 40 teeth instead of 32.

If you've got the smaller size wheelbox's you might find the drivers side wiper blade sweeps off the screen.

Stuart.

• 2 weeks later...