200 v 300 mpg

dave t

I think any differances in mpg will be largely down to individual driving style, combined of course with how heavily laden a particular vehicle is. Condition and mileage of engine and transmission, tyre tread pattern can also be contributing factors.

I have never heard of 40mpg from a Disco, sometimes as good as 35 though. I would expect to see 30-35 in general, less if driven enthusiastically and even less when towing a good weight.

Best I've ever got is 31 mpg on a run though day to day I get 27-29 (Though I don't potter!!!) :D

It's a 300 tdi 88,000 miles, standard ht with HD springs and Goodrich AT's.

When heavy towing with twin axle Ifor Williams it's down to 21 - 23.

HTH ;)

Best I've ever got is 31 mpg on a run though day to day I get 27-29 (Though I don't potter!!!) :D

It's a 300 tdi 88,000 miles, standard ht with HD springs and Goodrich AT's.

When heavy towing with twin axle Ifor Williams it's down to 21 - 23.

HTH ;)

Oh! You guys reminded me - No Cat and no EGR! :blush:

My 200tdi managed 43mpg driving from Cornwall to Scotland at a steady 60mph but in general averaged about 28mpg. My 300tdi (with fsh and 60,000 less miles than the 200tdi) averages 26mpg. Virtually all of my driving is a 7mile trip on B roads and I'm not particularly gentle.

around town I get 8 litres per 100 Kilometers (35 MPG) on a recent trip through the red centre to Birdsville, 7500 kilometers on rough stoney roads and deep sand dunes it fell to 11 litres /100 K. (22mpg) MY 300TDi (23L) Normal weight is 2650 Kilos, on the trip it grew to 3150 Kilos and running on Cooper AAT tyres. My motor has none of your UK emission controls however and the middle muffler has been removed to improve performance and economy. Gererally on the trip we never exceeded 2000 RPM or 90 kilometers an hour, even in 53 degrees C (127F) it never overheated, used any ccolant or engine oil.

Best economy from a 200 was on a run from Scotland to South Wales, driven by other half following me in a luton truck at max 60 mph. A GPS confirmed 38.2 mpg. With tuned pump it was getting an average of 28-30 mpg in normal driving.

My last 300 with tuned pump and 265 BFG Mts was struggling to get anywhere near that. Probably averaging 25-27 mpg. On a 300o mile trip to Norway and back she did average 32mpg though so not tooo bad