Anyone got any pics of their RRC with a winch bumber fitted?

reggie

Right guys my Rangie is nearly ready to hit the road & I've started thinking about fitting a winch bumber to finish it off, going to fit a winch at a later date when funds allow.

My problem is I can't decide on which type I like the best, I am leaning towards the tubular type with A bar but really need to see some pictures of Range Rovers with winch bumbers fitted. The other issue I have is, I have a 2" body lift & I don't like the thought of a 2" gap so any pics of any Rangies with a body lift fitted with a winch bumber would also be a great help. Also if you could tell me the make of bumber fitted, would be helpfull also as they all seem to fit slightly different.

I also just like looking at pictures of modified Rangies so the more pics the merrier. :i-m_so_happy:

Very expensive from firstfour though aren't they? I do like the look of the tubular bumper best, but I do see what see what has been said about approach angles etc. Not sure if it would cause to me too may problems as mine it pretty high with the 37s on, definitely food for thought though.

I have seen this & it sits quite high but I wanted an A bar. http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1423.l2649

I like the way that rear bumper protects the rear body from damage offroad.

REAR BUMPER

LAND ROVER - RANGE ROVER CLASSIC

Construction:

- For those brave souls willing to take torch,

plasma, sawzall, or cutting wheels in hand to improve

the angles on their Classic...

- The RockStar Fabrication "Crawler Series" rear bumper.

- Designed from the ground up to provide the ultimate in exit angle without compromising protection.

- Requires the trimming of the lower quarter panel.

- 2”x .156” wall DOM main tube.

- All mounting hardware is grade 8.

I personally think tubular bumpers on Rangies and disco's look a little odd.

First Four bumpers may be expensive, but I have a tubular one on my 90 and is is excellent quality :)

^^^^^^

As said they may be a bit pricey but they are superbly made.

I'm on my second one & I suspect the my 110's chassis would give way before anything broke on the bumper.

While looking at some I notice that some say not sutable for air con models or autos?

If you fit a close fitting one, you will need to move the autobox oil cooler up a bit, there's a thread on this in the tech archive:

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=12331

Rest assured mine is an auto with aircon (well it did have :P) and it fits up fine, I moved my cooler hard up to the top of the radiator opening, never had any heat issues at all.

So if I buy one that is for Disco 1 it might not fit? I've been chatting to a guy on ebay that will make me one that will fit with my bodylift but he says that he has only done them for Disco & not Range Rover.

Edit: Didn't see your post Bowie69 as I was writing mine, thanks for the info.

Just bought this on ebay, it is being custom made for me to fit my bodylift so I don't have that gap. He is also adding some brackets on the A bar for my two spots. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LANDROVER-winch-bumper-Discovery-bar-tow-points-new-/170776451965?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27c311db7d

I then need to start researching about winches as I haven't looked into them yet.